Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I cut my two rear cats out cuz a custom pipe was hard to make. Nevertheless the car revs awesome and flows so good now with a meaner sound. Glad I was able to keep an H style pipe cuz I love the sound. Now thinking about switching my flowmaster mufflers for magnaflows. Any reccommendations?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Azure said:
Still got your front cats--->Magnaflow Magnapacks

No cats--->Magnaflow
Yea I got front cats. I been debating between mufflers or magnapacks. Though I think magnapacks sound better. I cld get either of the two setups brand new for about 400 bucks. I was looking for just mufflers but I can't go wrong with a whole new setup. :)

·
Registered
292 Posts
charlie03fastGT said:
Yea I got front cats. I been debating between mufflers or magnapacks. Though I think magnapacks sound better. I cld get either of the two setups brand new for about 400 bucks. I was looking for just mufflers but I can't go wrong with a whole new setup. :)
Any particular reason you are keeping the front cats? I like no cats flow master 40. It's what I have.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mustang936 said:
How much did it cost to get your rear cats removed? How much louder was it?
60 bucks.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

frank07stanggt said:
Any particular reason you are keeping the front cats? I like no cats flow master 40. It's what I have.
I just deleted the rear cats cuz that's where I felt all the air being trapped unable to move fast enough. Problem fixed now she flows super good. And Wen I smog it I wld rather deal with welding back two cats over four.

·
Registered
292 Posts
charlie03fastGT said:
60 bucks.

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

I just deleted the rear cats cuz that's where I felt all the air being trapped unable to move fast enough. Problem fixed now she flows super good. And Wen I smog it I wld rather deal with welding back two cats over four.
Oh ok. I live in the magical world of Florida. No smog test yay!

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Wait so my car won't pass smog? I have 2 cats idk if they are stock or highflows but I don't have any check engine light on.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts