Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about scrapping my cats because I Can get like 50-75 a piece for 1 so are they pre cats or?

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
who needs cats !!!
I know they're always messing things up right? ;)

---------- Post added at 08:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Hell you can buy universal hi Flo cats for that. Sell the stock, get aftermarket.
And this is what I would do.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the two after the manifolds are monolithic converters and the two after those are catalytic converters

·
Registered
185 Posts
Sonicblue11 said:
I'm thinking about scrapping my cats because I Can get like 50-75 a piece for 1 so are they pre cats or?
If your selling ur cats and are gonna smog down the road don't sell the front ones. Those are the most expensive to replace. I quoted a customer today 250 for each of the front cats and 150 for each of the rear and 1K for the whole assembly. So if u need them for emmissions later on better not to sell them

---------- Post added at 12:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

Horseplay said:
who needs cats !!!
Everyone in California lol.....

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm In jersey with pa tags so i get stickers every year so I don't have to worry about inspection but I just want to money

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but I think the two after the manifolds are monolithic converters and the two after those are catalytic converters
Monolithic converters are a type of catalytic converter that uses a palladium impregnated ceramic honeycomb followed by a platinum and rhodium-impregnated honeycomb. They have largely replaced the pellet type converters used in the early years.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Monolithic converters are a type of catalytic converter that uses a palladium impregnated ceramic honeycomb followed by a platinum and rhodium-impregnated honeycomb. They have largely replaced the pellet type converters used in the early years.
Oh ok thank you for the clarification :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts