Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be a wise idea to remove my cats? Horsepower-wise... I have a v-6 automatic with dual exhaust... just wondering how much of a HP increase I'll get from this, I'm assuming it's illegal. but will there be a HP increase or no? I don't want to lose power... also, can we make it softer? For the exhaust.... so I don't get police looks.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Almost no Hp gains on a stock motor and you will fail inspections if you have them. Not to mention it sort of sounds like ass without engine mods also

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no inspections... just saw a different post where Zimstang said he swore he picked up 30 HP.... that's a lot of HP... and it's a cheap mod...

·
Registered
75 Posts
you cant get 30 hp from removing your cats.IF anything you will loose 1-2 hp, that type of exhaust is used in seriously powerfuly engines when anytype of back pressure causes a serious drop. i could go on and explain it but im exhausted.(no pun intended) you wont gain anything but a lot of noise. i like the sound of it and have contemplated it .. but no hp gains. sucks i know.

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
jimmy_beaner said:
I have no inspections... just saw a different post where Zimstang said he swore he picked up 30 HP.... that's a lot of HP... and it's a cheap mod...
That wasnt zimstang that was 97stallion.

He gained that much because his cats were seriously clogged. In reality he didnt really gain that much hp. He just returned the hp that he lost from the cats being clogged.

Get what I am saying?

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
perfectly, sorry about the incorrect person

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I gained over 20 HP with an O/R H pipe but I have engine mods and my cats were clogged. A stock motor wont gain diddley

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Brent said:
That wasnt zimstang that was 97stallion.

He gained that much because his cats were seriously clogged. In reality he didnt really gain that much hp. He just returned the hp that he lost from the cats being clogged.

Get what I am saying?
Ya if that was me, it's because I have a 4.2 stroker motor, BV heads, 224/230 cam, and pretty much anything else you can think of for a N/A application. So pretty much, I had clogged cats and I was trying to feed all that through 2" stock tubing. Now I have 2.5" till my flowmasters and 2.25" from there back. So basically my car can breathe now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts