Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so occasionally when i go to change my CD in my Mach 460 system it will say "CD Error" and then go to the radio, then i'll try to pick a CD again and it will say the same thing. It doesn't do it that often (pretty rare) and it usually just goes to the radio then it will be fine when i press the CD button once, but today i had to try pressing the CD button 10+ times before it finally accepted it. I also tried pressing the button and then picking a different # cd and i didn't hear it shuffling the CDs like it normally did, and it gave me the error again. I finally got it to work, but it was a pain in the ass.

Any ideas what's causing this?

·
Lorraine's driver
7,801 Posts
It was mid to high 70s today... And by going out please don't tell me you mean breaking?
I think it is on my end. It's possible the laser lens is dirty as well. Mine has only done that at cold temps though. Go pick you up a cd/dvd lens cleaner and give that a try. You could try a can of air if it refuses to load the cd/dvd disc. Maybe that will work for you. :good:

·
Registered
289 Posts
The ford cd changers are garbage and some of the small plastic bits in them like to break a lot. About 90% of the ford decks I replace at the shop I work at being replaced because they are broken.

Sorry buddy it's probably breaking.

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Time to upgrade to a touch screen then. Thats lower on my list though, i might have to bump it up.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

It doesn't do it that often though.

·
Lorraine's driver
7,801 Posts
Time to upgrade to a touch screen then. Thats lower on my list though, i might have to bump it up.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

It doesn't do it that often though.
Mine has only done it twice since February 2012. Heck, mines on my list because I want to connect to my iphone and ipod.

·
Registered
3,774 Posts
Mine did in early winter. I took all the ces out and back it. Idk if it fixed it or not but it hasn't done it since :)

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Cds* and back in*. Sorry, fast typing errors

·
Premium Member
14,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mine did in early winter. I took all the ces out and back it. Idk if it fixed it or not but it hasn't done it since :)

---------- Post added at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

Cds* and back in*. Sorry, fast typing errors
I'll try that, but when mine was acting up it would give me the error when unloading the CDs also

·
Premium Member
3,419 Posts
My 97 did the same thing. It got to where it wouldn't eject. I finally ordered a new one.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts