Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if that cdc shaker hood is worth anything performance wise. i already have a cai. but i just wanna know what type of numbers it puts out and if its a good mod

·
Premium Member
2,037 Posts
You won't see hardly any real gains from it. It's basically appearance only.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Ya I would imagine the gains being minimal with those shaker hoods...I know it is on the 99-04 models. You may see slightly more gains after a tune, since the S917's are way more sensitive to alterations in air and fuel. A good tune might squeeze out some extra power, but don't qoute me on it.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
Never rode in one but a buddy of mine said its pretty cool when you accelerate and it starts shaking.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Never rode in one but a buddy of mine said its pretty cool when you accelerate and it starts shaking.
Yah I remember riding/driving an 04 mach 1...the scoop would shake when you revved it and when you accelerated...that 4v was too smooth at idle to shake the shaker though.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Yah it'd just pull to one side a tad when you accelerated or revved and then settled back in the center position...nothing like the oldies, but still cool.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I put a Shaker on my 05 GT 4 years ago and I really like the look, I don't honestly believe that there is any great performance improvement, but dumping cold air into your intake is always a good thing and certianly can't hurt.

·
Registered
533 Posts
they basically seem to be the same thing as ram air which from everything I've seen really doesnt give you that much gains unless you are at higher speeds, since the whole idea behind it is to use your speed to force in air, they are basically use the same idea as a super charger just with less mechanics and less money, not nearly in the same area of gains though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I will have to call BS on that one. Just saying. Maybe and I mean maybe if u got a bigger throttle body and different intake for more air flow.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts