Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
I was sayin that it was BS lol...for example tho if you go to Cervini's website they make some gaurantees like that...I could see at really high speeds it beeing possible tho thats a lot of air flying right into your engine, plus if they funnel it correctly you could increase the pressure significantly at the point where the intake reaches the engine. For ex. normal atmospheric pressure is about 14.7psi I believe so air flowing into a 45 square inch opening funneled to a 4 inch diameter with a constant flow would make 52psi in theory, but obviously you cannot go that high because some of the air will escape back out at the entrance, since it has lower pressure than 52 psi, basically what I'm sayin is at some point a RAM air intake will outperform a CAI, but still HP difference is not worth paying 10x as much.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I was sayin that it was BS lol...for example tho if you go to Cervini's website they make some gaurantees like that...I could see at really high speeds it beeing possible tho thats a lot of air flying right into your engine, plus if they funnel it correctly you could increase the pressure significantly at the point where the intake reaches the engine. For ex. normal atmospheric pressure is about 14.7psi I believe so air flowing into a 45 square inch opening funneled to a 4 inch diameter with a constant flow would make 52psi in theory, but obviously you cannot go that high because some of the air will escape back out at the entrance, since it has lower pressure than 52 psi, basically what I'm sayin is at some point a RAM air intake will outperform a CAI, but still HP difference is not worth paying 10x as much.
Ram air would certainly increase the air flow by forcing it down the throat of a TB or carb. But in this product's case, nope - not happening. Note the air dumps into a segregated area for the CAI - not an air-tight connection to the TB.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Ram air would certainly increase the air flow by forcing it down the throat of a TB or carb. But in this product's case, nope - not happening. Note the air dumps into a segregated area for the CAI - not an air-tight connection to the TB.
huh i didn't know that about shakers, they just seem extremely design flawed then.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts