Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a CEL with 0345 and 0349, both cam codes for drivers side cam sensor. Engine was running bad, but not consistently, seemed to be a clutch problem. It was almost time for oil change, checked and was almost 3 quarts LOW, but oil pressure was normal. After adding oil, the 0349 code went away, cars runs normal. Clear CEL and start engine fine, runs fine. Turn it off and restart and get CEL 0345, clear, start, drive no CEL, turn off, restart, CEL 0345 back.
But the car seems to run fine. Any ideas?? Anybody??

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
3 quarts low!!!!!!!! Man that can't be good, how often do you change your oil?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Also I heard the ALT causes problems like this, check into that

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
3 quarts low!!!!!!!! Man that can't be good, how often do you change your oil?

---------- Post added at 12:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Also I heard the ALT causes problems like this, check into that
Every 5K. I've heard some ALT issues, but I thought that was for 2005-2006, there was a TSB for it, mine is 2007. Yeah the oil scared me.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Ya idk what to tell you besides maybe a failing sensor.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
Every 5K. I've heard some ALT issues, but I thought that was for 2005-2006, there was a TSB for it, mine is 2007. Yeah the oil scared me.
No, the alt issue definitely extended into 07. I promise it did... I know.

Check the alt first (it's free to check, do why not?), then I would replace the CPS's. It's easy to do, but if I remember correctly its around 40 bucks per. Do NOT get them from Pep Boys or Autozone. Get them from the dealer, it sucks, but I bought a CPS for my car from Pep Boys and it lasted about 2 weeks. Got one from Autozone for my Powerstroke and it lasted about 6 days. Both times, got another from the dealership and no further issues.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. I'm gonna check sensors first by switching sides, then if not, I'll check alt.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I think I found the problem. Pretty sure the right is supposed to look like the left sensor. Now I gotta pull the valve cover to get the rest of the sensor.

Attachments

·
Registered
197 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
I think I found the problem. Pretty sure the right is supposed to look like the left sensor. Now I gotta pull the valve cover to get the rest of the sensor.
Wtf? How did you manage that?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
Damn! Yeah, that's probably the issue. Seriously though, how did that happen? Did you break it pulling it out?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Damn! Yeah, that's probably the issue. Seriously though, how did that happen? Did you break it pulling it out?
No it was already was gone. I pulled off valve cover last night and the cam sprocket is bent. The outside tines tore up the sensor. Now I have to replace the entire cam sprocket. The clock spring on the sprocket broke 4 inches off the end.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update

Found phaser broken off cam sprocket. Spring also broken. Replaced cam sprocket and code is gone. Fortunately got broken spring out without it falling down into timing cover.

Attachments

·
Registered
309 Posts
Update

Found phaser broken off cam sprocket. Spring also broken. Replaced cam sprocket and code is gone. Fortunately got broken spring out without it falling down into timing cover.
Glad to hear you were able to get it fixed man. That's crazy though, I've never heard of that happening.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts