Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we just got everything bolted back up an bled the clutch, as far as we can tell. It goes in to gear ok 1-5 but it won't go in to reverse. Any ideas??

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
So we just got everything bolted back up an bled the clutch, as far as we can tell. It goes in to gear ok 1-5 but it won't go in to reverse. Any ideas??
I'm not exactly sure how the hydraulic clutch connects to the clutch fork, but I think it just needs to be adjusted so its disengaging more when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way down.

Anybody else...

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Azure said:
I'm not exactly sure how the hydraulic clutch connects to the clutch fork, but I think it just needs to be adjusted so its disengaging more when the clutch pedal is pushed all the way down.

Anybody else...
It's an assembly in the bell housing. It's non adjustable.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
10 4 big homie. I'm hoping that the clutch wasn't completely bled. Hopefully there's just some air or foam still in the lines :/
I hope your right, and sounds logical too, as far as hydraulics go. A hydraulic clutch is like rocket science to me:D Never had one.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Azure said:
I hope your right, and sounds logical too, as far as hydraulics go. A hydraulic clutch is like rocket science to me:D Never had one.
Yea they make for a lighter clutch pedal but bleeding a centric TOB/slave cylinder is a ****ing whore. I guess you can use a vacuum bleeder but we don't have one........

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Yea they make for a lighter clutch pedal but bleeding a centric TOB/slave cylinder is a ****ing whore. I guess you can use a vacuum bleeder but we don't have one........
That sucks, can you bleed them while everything is all put together? I guess the cool thing is that once your set, you don't have any adjustments you need to make, like cables.:good:

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Azure said:
That sucks, can you bleed them while everything is all put together? I guess the cool thing is that once your set, you don't have any adjustments you need to make, like cables.:good:
Well I guess it's all fixed. Ill find out what the problem was when I get back to the shop. But yea I believe so. The line coming off the assembly pokes out of the bell housing. So I think that's where you bleed it. That's true but it not really a big deal to adjust the cable. I've seen my buddy do it on his fox and it seemed pretty easy.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Well I guess it's all fixed. Ill find out what the problem was when I get back to the shop. But yea I believe so. The line coming off the assembly pokes out of the bell housing. So I think that's where you bleed it. That's true but it not really a big deal to adjust the cable. I've seen my buddy do it on his fox and it seemed pretty easy.
Cool man:good: Glad you got it sorted out.

·
Registered
294 Posts
they way your "supposed" to do it is with a hand vacuum pump on the lid of your brake/clutch reservoir, pump is up to about 15 psi of vacuum hold for 20-30 seconds and the quickly pull the bung from the reservoir... many many many times :-/

I have also jacked up right behind the drivers front wheel and pumped the clutch until my leg was about to fall off and that bled the clutch too.

there is no bleeder screw and unless it was going to a remote location you couldn't reach it.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It ended up being the rear adjustment but on my pro 5.0 shifter. I'm guessing the other guy must have bumped it when droppin the trans. Adjusted the bolt and she's all good

1 - 13 of 13 Posts