Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Prepping for my supercharger.

Sick of my King Cobra clutch anyway it's old.

My stang guy says McLeod..

What do y'all think which one?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Im actually going to prob go with the Exedy Stage 3 Mach 500. Let me know how you like which ever you go with. Im curious to know because I am not exactly set in my mind with any peticulat brand

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
One of the guys I work with swears by Centerforce. He's put one of their clutches in every single performance car he's had. I've heard a lot of good things about Centerforce but I haven't heard anything about McLeod. However I haven't researched them at all.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great nice guys...I'm buying Monday and should be driving Friday....break in another supercharge setback.

McLeod is the polar opposite of my King Cobra.

Think Hionda clutch.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Not trying to hi-jack the thread by any means. Just didn't wanna start a repeat thread.
Quick question:
2008 mustang gt. Steeda Q350. 40,xxx miles.

Just bought a month ago. Looking at preventative maintenance.
When should I look at replacing the clutch????

It has the power pack that the Q350 comes with
Steeda CAI and tune
UD pulleys
4:10 gears
Steeda tri short throw
Also added JLT oil separator

I was going to pick up another clutch just to have on hand so that I wouldn't have to wait for a new one to come in(shipping)
Again it has 40,xxx miles.
It's my daily driver and I'm anal about maintenance

·
Registered
881 Posts
WheelStander said:
All good someone should chime in.
And also, I plan on doing just a few minor mods.
I have full exhaust minus headers. Gonna add long tubes and possibly cams and ford racing upper intake plenum.
Should be around 400hp at that time.
I'm gonna go with an exedy clutch. But should I go stage 2 or 3?

·
Registered
681 Posts
08SteedaQ350 said:
And also, I plan on doing just a few minor mods.
I have full exhaust minus headers. Gonna add long tubes and possibly cams and ford racing upper intake plenum.
Should be around 400hp at that time.
I'm gonna go with an exedy clutch. But should I go stage 2 or 3?
Here's something to look at. With 400 RWHP stage 3 is a must. You'll need it to transfer an even higher load to the tranny. Next, what's the weight of your stang? At 3700lbs, and 279 I already broke in my stage 2 SPEC a bit more than I expected. Tough, expensive lesson. What matters is the spring load as much as the plate material. I can't tell you how to budget, but see if you can squeeze a light weight fly wheel into the build.

--las97gt

·
Registered
881 Posts
Once Steeda did there work on it, came back with 350 at the crank. So not sure which clutch it has in it now. I haven't had it dyno'd. Just bought it about a month ago
The budget isn't an issue. I'd rather do it right the first time and get all necessary parts
Wanna make it as bulletproof as possible...so to speak

·
Registered
681 Posts
Once Steeda did there work on it, came back with 350 at the crank. So not sure which clutch it has in it now. I haven't had it dyno'd. Just bought it about a month ago
The budget isn't an issue. I'd rather do it right the first time and get all necessary parts
Wanna make it as bulletproof as possible...so to speak
Last dyno I made 279+. Still was hard to move so much weight though. I should have an NA boost soon. I plan on 300+ at the wheels without FI boost. I virtually busted up my brand new traction lock disks in my diff. Switching to Eaton Tru track. Hopes its a good swap.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I was told by my cousin that does countless hours of research on mustangs that it's 350rwhp.
Then someone else on here told me it was 350 at the crank.
I've contacted Steeda but haven't received a reply

·
Registered
681 Posts
I haven't had confirmation on that yet. I've read the specs on the Steeda Q350, but don't know if it's wheel hp or to the crank
No prob. You'll find out on your first dyno. My livewire SCT went haywire showing 600+ in residual HP, and about 400 instant HP. Wheel HP is pretty much what we quote on the forum.

·
Registered
881 Posts
LAS97GT said:
Last dyno I made 279+. Still was hard to move so much weight though. I should have an NA boost soon. I plan on 300+ at the wheels without FI boost. I virtually busted up my brand new traction lock disks in my diff. Switching to Eaton Tru track. Hopes its a good swap.
Was thinking about going FI, but I know there are many more drivetrain mods I need to do before even thinking about doing that

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

LAS97GT said:
No prob. You'll find out on your first dyno. My livewire SCT went haywire showing 600+ in residual HP, and about 400 instant HP. Wheel HP is pretty much what we quote on the forum.
Lol that's nuts.

T
I forget who it was. But he specifically said 350 at the crank

·
Registered
681 Posts
Happy Thanks Giving to all! Drive your Stangs safely. See you on the next post or thread. Be safe if your driving far.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Was thinking about going FI, but I know there are many more drivetrain mods I need to do before even thinking about doing that

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

Lol that's nuts.

T
I forget who it was. But he specifically said 350 at the crank
No kidding. I asked Fastlane and they said call SCT. I agree.

·
Registered
881 Posts
LAS97GT said:
Happy Thanks Giving to all! Drive your Stangs safely. See you on the next post or thread. Be safe if your driving far.

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

Thx. Will do Friday.

·
Registered
681 Posts

About your clutch. I don't have the experience but you can call the race techs/my favorite crew; fastlane in NC. Taylor will answer. He won't hold back. He is an experienced tech stuck in admin. Here's the number: 919-989-9377. They are closed till next monday though. He recommended SPEC for my car. He makes recommendations depending on your upgrades and specs. Make sure you have the details at hand. Most important have the weight of your car ready. He is on point. I dropped almost 6K in that shop because of the professionalism of the team. Stang owners travel multi state to get their Stangs worked on. Oh yeah, the only work on Stangs by the way. Dang yard is littered with GT500s. No kidding. Am gonna miss them when I leave NC.

·
Registered
881 Posts
LAS97GT said:
About your clutch. I don't have the experience but you can call the race techs/my favorite crew; fastlane in NC. Taylor will answer. He won't hold back. He is an experienced tech stuck in admin. Here's the number: 919-989-9413. They are closed till next monday though. He recommended SPEC for my car. He makes recommendations depending on your upgrades and specs. Make sure you have the details at hand. Most important have the weight of your car ready. He is on point. I dropped almost 6K in that shop because of the professionalism of the team. Stang owners travel multi state to get their Stangs worked on. Oh yeah, the only work on Stangs by the way. Dang yard is littered with GT500s. No kidding. Am gonna miss them when I leave NC.
Lol haha that's awesome. I'll do that on Monday.

·
Registered
681 Posts

About your clutch. I don't have the experience but you can call the race techs/my favorite crew; fastlane in NC. Taylor will answer. He won't hold back. He is an experienced tech stuck in admin. Here's the number: 919-989-9377. They are closed till next monday though. He recommended SPEC for my car. He makes recommendations depending on your upgrades and specs. Make sure you have the details at hand. Most important have the weight of your car ready. He is on point. I dropped almost 6K in that shop because of the professionalism of the team. Stang owners travel multi state to get their Stangs worked on. Oh yeah, the only work on Stangs by the way. Dang yard is littered with GT500s. No kidding. Am gonna miss them when I leave NC.

---------- Post added at 08:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

Correction to the Fastlane number: 919-989-9377

1 - 20 of 57 Posts