Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says. Which is better/more efficient and why?

Looking to get a blower soon and looking at pros and cons

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
Depends on your application and what you want/goals.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Looking to have some street fun and reliability.

Looking for efficiency. The hp potential

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
TVS. More money than a Centrifugal though.
Or another option do a coyote swap.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,965 Posts
Or look at a Terminator swap. Send the blower to get ported. Slap a smaller pulley with a few supporting mods and you're over 500 at the tires. With PLENTY of room for improvement.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Other than the tork tek kit to put the cobra blower is there anyone else that makes a manifold to fit it on a 2v?

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I am probably biased, but I would go Centrifugal. They have a very smooth power band and make good power throughout. But the sound of a roots is hard to beat

Sent from my SM-G925V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Unfortunately tork tech is the only company that I've found. I say unfortunately because their customer service is basically non existent.

Honestly if your looking for a budget then go turbo, the newest generation on3 kits are actually pretty nice and for what your wanting to do you could get the fun and power for the street.

Now you're limited to the 450+/- mark hp wise on stock internals, but upgrade the rods and Pistons and you'll be fine because the stock crank will hold just fine as long as you're not turning a crazy RPM.

The on3 kits come with everything you need plus a tubular k member a arms and coilovers for like 2500-3000$

I don't run on3 personally but I've installed them and seen them first hand they are nice for the price. I do run the k member kit and it is very very nice, UPR brand.

I love the sound of a roots blower but depending on the weather where you live they will be HOT

·
Registered
210 Posts
I switched from a Vortech centri to VMP TVS for street use. Much more enjoyable on the street, and boost is always just a quick stab of the throttle away. The Vortech power was awesome, but you had to have the pedal mashed and about the only place I could use it on the street was a freeway on-ramp. If I was a drag racer, I would have kept the Vortech.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I live in Arlington tx. I am going to start building the engine soon. With forged internals. Love the sound of the supercharger and the instant power. But then again turbos are very efficient with more potential

·
Registered
39 Posts
For street fun there is no replacement for positive displacement. Also a lot of fun at the strip.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I switched from a Vortech centri to VMP TVS for street use. Much more enjoyable on the street, and boost is always just a quick stab of the throttle away. The Vortech power was awesome, but you had to have the pedal mashed and about the only place I could use it on the street was a freeway on-ramp. If I was a drag racer, I would have kept the Vortech.
That has been my experience also.

·
Premium Member
5,411 Posts
Positive displacement (roots) blower, snow meth, built 3650 and 8.8". Go have fun.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts