Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Im buying a 4in cowl pin on hood for my 90 gt has any body ever dealt with cervini just wondering how much prep work it takes to get them ready for paint. And how strong they are and how much they weight

·
Premium Member
3,444 Posts
Ok Im buying a 4in cowl pin on hood for my 90 gt has any body ever dealt with cervini just wondering how much prep work it takes to get them ready for paint. And how strong they are and how much they weight
Hey, good to see you back on. A few of my buddies around town have cervinis hoods and have never said a bad thing about them. A body shop I have been talking to said the prep needed was minimal and fitment was great. Keep in mind these were bolt on hoods, biggest one being a 3" cowl.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea i got a new phone and downloaded app and forgot log in info lol but now Im back. I decided to go with pin on cause there a little cheaper and with the people i know with bolt ons had to use hood pins anyway figured id go with the lighter one

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
If you hold on a few days I'll let you know :D

My experience, so far has been pretty good. I ordered the hood directly from them since AM was out of stock on the Cobra R hood until January.

I called Cervini's, and asked the rep if they could offer a 6% discount like AM does, he said, they couldn't but offered me 5% instead.

I was told, it would be shipped out Monday, but it wasn't, so I called them Tuesday, and apparently it was back-ordered, so it took them an extra day to move from manufacturing to shipping.

I have no clue on the paint- I had it drop shipped to the collision center. It came primered, and gloss black underneath!

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cervini suppose to be white gel coat on top just let me know on if it i the white gel coat and how bad the waves are on the hood that's really my only concerns i won't be ordering mine till end of next week and Im goin through late model restoration. 399 for pin on and free shipping

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Cervini suppose to be white gel coat on top just let me know on if it i the white gel coat and how bad the waves are on the hood that's really my only concerns i won't be ordering mine till end of next week and Im goin through late model restoration. 399 for pin on and free shipping
Ok. I haven't seen it. I guess I could've asked to inspect it. They went ahead and painted it. But tomorrow is judgement day.

That's a good price, I looked at LRS but they didn't carry it for the 05-09

·
Registered
456 Posts
Love my Cervini hood! Couldn't tell you about the paint prep though. Mine was on the car when I bought it. I have never had one problem with it though.

image-2814915200.jpg

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine stalker hood was bolt on ready little to no body work and it was ready to paint the only compliant I had was the inserts they sent with my hood I had to grind and sand them in places to get them to fit then I figured out I like it better open

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks good man I love foxs my cousin had a 93 candy apple red cobra I was in love with that car I would give up my 99 gt vert up for one of those 93 cobras

·
Registered
75 Posts
I booking LOVE my cervini hood. A booking LOT. I had mine done at a collision shop after a wreck and they said that the prep wasn't terrible. They were tarded about the fluid squirters though, and cervini was awesome at shipping another set for them to do over. It is markedly heavier than the stock hood.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts