Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
.... i change mine every year and i just changed it for this winter and OMG you would be amazed at the white crap floating around in there from the aluminum.... so change that crap! it only takes 20 bucks and a little time.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Do you think you could make a how to. I think i know how to do it but i want to make sure i don't screw something up. :uhh:

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
haha my hose is leakin thats part of the reason my stangs parked be4 turky day, but yeah I need to change those and my coolant.. :uhh:

·
Registered
349 Posts
A note on hoses. One of the hoses to the heater core has a flow restrictor in it. That restrictor is there to prevent the heater core from rupturing when spinning the enigine at high rpms. Ford's replacement hose and all the aftermarket ones I have looked at do not come with this restrictor. You can remove the restrictor from the old hose and put it in a new one, but do not reuse the crimp clamp.

I did and it failed to hold allowing the restrictor to turn sideways. This eventually caused my heater core to rupture. Yeah a new heater core is only $40, but replacing it entails removing the entire dash, disconnecting the AC lines and about $600 for labor at the dealer. I did it myself, but if you can't it'll be expensive and even if you can it's not quick.

I ended up replacing the restrictor with a 1/2" NPT pipe plug with a 1/4" hole drilled thru it. This plug was deep enough to allow me to use a worm gear hose clamp to keep it in place and it will not turn sideways even if the clamp fails. The restrictor goes in the supply to the core hose.

Steve

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Thanks for the info ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts