Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking lately about possibly changing my interior's color scheme... but what do you all think? I was thinking about changing everything you see now that is red to the black/dark charcoalish color that is used on the dash and then changing things like the a/c knobs, defroster knobs, and headlight knob to MGW satin pieces. Also, I'll swap out the seat covers and get ones that are grey/black. What do you all think about that? I donno... I've just looked at my interior lately and it seems to be too flashy, but then again, a lot of people I've talked to love it a lot, so I'm just not sure!

BTW -- in the picture, the shifter bezel there is red, but it is now back to the black/charcoal color. Here's the latest pic of that center piece:

My MGW knob is red tho... so I donno.. would that red piece still look good in my interior if I convert it all to black/grey/silver?

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would go with a Silver/Black appearance myself, being thats what i have in mine somewhat...

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
have fun... itll either cost a lot or your paint will start looking aweful :|

i defanitely think black would be nicer though... even though that looks really nice right now

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
That's what I'm doing with mine. Going silver and black. But, go get new pieces. Don't paint over. It'll never look good. The good news is a junkyard will either have new pieces to paint or OEM black pieces for you.

Something else to think about, those new MGW parts, why not get those parts powdercoated red? It'll look real good on that black background. :yes:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't think painting over what I have now will look good? Every piece that is red now (with the exception of the instrument panel piece used to be painted silver and then I had painted red on top of them. The reason I went from silver to red was because the silver wasn't enough of a noticable contrast between the light grey in my interior. I did have to replace the shifter bezel though which cost me $45 shipped from Prestige Mustang. I replaced that one because I tried using paint stripper on it and the stuff I used (Goof Off) was too strong and ate thru it. Anyways, I'd prefer to save the money on buying new interior pieces for paint, new seat covers, and a few MGW pieces. Hmmm...

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i think it looks good red personally... why go through all the trouble again when it already looks fine?

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ZimStang said:
i think it looks good red personally... why go through all the trouble again when it already looks fine?
I donno... I've looked at my interior lately and it seems too flashy with all of the colors... I donno... maybe just a change of taste or something?

I just found that 50 resto sells a can of dark charcoal interior dye for $11.99:

Is "Dark Charcoal" the same color as my dash? Because that's the "black" that I'm looking for.

Also, I'm trying to find some nice 03 Cobra leather seats (the recarro ones) so if I get those, I believe they're black/silver so I want my interior to match better. In addition, I'll be able to buy some MGW silver accessories like the headlight knob and a/c knobs which won't go good as is with the redness.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
no dark charcoal would look like my interior i believe

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
wait ours look the same.

its a darker gray but its not black

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts

I love mine. all Black. I onlt wish I had Very dark gray seats, or black seats. also everything is black, the center there i keep covered for dust and stuff like that. ;)

·
Registered
65 Posts
I say you go Charcoal and black with a carbon fiber dash, shift knob, gauges, e brake :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: That would look tight. Thats what I have in my interior

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I like the polished silver look, so I think I'm going to place an order for a can of that dark charcoal paint and possibly start redoing a little bit of stuff.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok that can of Ford OEM Dark Charcoal interior paint will come to $17.99 with UPS shipping from 50resto. Do you think I stand any chances of finding the same exact color at Advance Auto Parts? At Advance Auto is where I bought my red paint and it cost like $5 a bottle.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Zim ain't got power windows! :D

Fisher, you interior looks painted. :wtf:

You don't think painting over what I have now will look good? Every piece that is red now (with the exception of the instrument panel piece used to be painted silver and then I had painted red on top of them.
The reason I said that was because, my friend painted the interior in his 82 Z28 alot, and the paint didn't stick. But, you know how to paint so what am I saying. :no:

I donno... I've looked at my interior lately and it seems too flashy with all of the colors... I donno... maybe just a change of taste or something?
I think it's your inner domestic coming out and saying, "Damn, that's ricey! What the hell was I thinking!" :D

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i dont have power locks/windows/trunk pop thinger/ lots of other stuff. My car was so cheap brand new... when i get back to school ill scan the sticker. I think it cost like 16k

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
Fisher, you interior looks painted.
Nope its all stock. I would not paint anything if someone gave me $100 to do it, at least not in my car. the black all looks nice and clean. umm :wtf: :D

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
ZimStang said:
i dont have power locks/windows/trunk pop thinger/ lots of other stuff. My car was so cheap brand new... when i get back to school ill scan the sticker. I think it cost like 16k
Mine was 12k new. Only option, spoiler. :headbang:

Those panels look wierd, like they shaved the buttons off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts