Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
I have a 06 GT, but I just pinched in the tabs and pulled it apart.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
you'll want the tool on your model trust me....don't forget to flip the inertia switch in the trunk...super simple swap though overall

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
What does the disconnect tool do exactly?
it slides in between the fuel filter and the fuel line..expanding the line to let the bead on the filter slide out easily...the reason i recommend the tool is to expand it evenly so you don't distort the line if you add to much pressure with other tools.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
plus a pack of disconnect tools will work for the fuel, transmission, and a/c lines so they do multiple jobs

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Just don't have your head under it when you pop them off. Gas is not a good flavor

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Without a doubt 100% get the disconnect tool for a new edge, I thought I could get by without, I tugged and tugged and those lines would NOT come apart, went and got the 7$ disconnect tool and had it done in 5 minutes....make sure you bleed the gas valve in the engine bay, it's in front of the TB looks like a tire valve..the more you bleed that when you disconnect the fuel switch in the trunk, the less gas will come spewing out of the filter upon removal

1 - 11 of 11 Posts