Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after much thinking, I'm finally going to try and do it. I was Never a fan of the grey and black, so I'm going to straight black, and I'm also painting some parts white to give it a custom look to it. I'll keep this going throughout the entire process. I can't wait to see the finish product :D

Table Furniture Room Chair

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went ahead and did it a couple weeks ago and changed my carpet as well.
Looks great! Was it a pain to paint the dash and steering wheel?

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What black are you using? I don't want a high gloss but not a flat black either
It's dupli-color vinyl and fabric. It has a nice semi gloss on it. It's not like plasti dip flat

---------- Post added at 05:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

Not really just time consuming covering the window up
That's not too bad then. I'm doing one piece a day basically lol. I'm doing the rest of the center console tonight

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Honestly it would be better and faster if you rip off you're interior and do it all at once.
Well I don't have my license or a job.. Lol. I have plenty of time other than going to practice

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No they are leather and beat up real bad.
I will be putting in some terminator seats as soon as I find some
I heard the only part that is actual leather is the bottom where you actually sit on. Other than that the rest is vinyl. Is that true?

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Mine chipped over time. The best interior paint in my opinion is spray model paint and model clear. I went with a candy apple red years ago and had a chip less interior. Sorry, for the late successful secret.
This is probably too much for you. After it is painted if you use glitter hair spray then clear. It will get the flake effect. I had glitter tint when I was young and the drapes matched the curtains.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Mine chipped over time. The best interior paint in my opinion is spray model paint and model clear. I went with a candy apple red years ago and had a chip less interior. Sorry, for the late successful secret.
This is probably too much for you. After it is painted if you use glitter hair spray then clear. It will get the flake effect. I had glitter tint when I was young and the drapes matched the curtains.
I'm not sure really if I'm going to clear it because I dont want a shiny interior, I think it looks weird.. I only bought duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. Does duplicolor just sell flat black for plastic? Or can I use this paint on plastics like my center console and door panels? And when it chipped, what paint did you use?

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Hey do your painted parts match the same color as factory black interior?
Give me a minute and I'll go check for you lol

Vehicle Vehicle door Car Automotive exterior Mid-size car

Well, for me it doesn't match. But I'm guessing its fade from the sun on a 12 year old vert lol

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
I'm not sure really if I'm going to clear it because I dont want a shiny interior, I think it looks weird.. I only bought duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint. Does duplicolor just sell flat black for plastic? Or can I use this paint on plastics like my center console and door panels? And when it chipped, what paint did you use?

---------- Post added at 06:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

I used a duplicolor. I do not know about the center console but the doors will chip over time. The dash gets scratches from pants and shirt buttons. The rear is bad from people sliding in and out. You can do minor touchups. Sorry, I wish I had better news. I hit up junk yards and got the mock 460 system and most pieces but, my interior is incomplete.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Was it chipping on the vinyl or plastic of the dood

1 - 20 of 180 Posts