Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the oil pan on the 90 motor is a dual-sump pan and i need to put a front-sump pan on it to put it in the 64, so i will need to install a new oil pickup tube. how do i prime the tube?

·
Registered
582 Posts
thats simple, take a drill or an impact wrench, get the correct size socket and attact it to the shaft that drives the oil pump from the top side of the engine (be careful! don't drop any parts down there) turn turn turn, it'll prime itself, it doesn't hurt to fill the pickup with a little oil while your putting it together either
yes the engine should pick up oil on its own when you start it,... but.. you really want it to have pressure way before the amount of time it takes to prime

·
Registered
582 Posts
um, well it doesn't look like thats really what your trying to ask about, regardless, you can't prime it that much, I just turn the motor upside down and fill the tube up after its attached to the pump, it won't all drain back out once the motor is turned back around.

·
Registered
4 Posts
i always open up the pump and coat the gears with some assembly lube to prevent friction damage. And then prime the pump with a drill on the pump shaft with a full oil pan.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts