Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking about getting a pair but I don't want them to an outrageous price. I'm either gonna get some or cut the stock springs which would be better as a dd? Primarily but drag every so often? Got any suggestions?

-Henry

·
Premium Member
19,578 Posts
Suspension is one area buying the cheapest available parts is not the best move. You depend on that to keep your car going down the road

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True but don't have funds for expensive coil overs right now so should I just cut the springs for now or what?

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Suspension is one area buying the cheapest available parts is not the best move. You depend on that to keep your car going down the road
^+1, "cheap" and "suspension" do not belong in the same sentence...

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
cutting is a great option OP...although i will say if you can afford lowering springs for a DD you'll enjoy them more. However if you plan to drag alot cutting would put a smile on your face. I've cut a lot of stangs and i've found the best drop is cutting 1.25 coils off the front and 1 coil off the back with no isolators..the ride isn't bad, and it transfers weight nicely to the rear when you launch..always made my GT do nicely when at Beech Bend. If actual lowering springs are in the budget but you aren't wanting to spend a load check out SR Performance on AM. Hard to beat the quality for the money. PM me if you have any questions on cutting

·
Registered
490 Posts
I'm thinking about getting a pair but I don't want them to an outrageous price. I'm either gonna get some or cut the stock springs which would be better as a dd? Primarily but drag every so often? Got any suggestions?

-Henry
Get springs for now

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If I get just springs won't it make the ride bouncy? Or should I get struts as well and if so what are some good brands? Thanks.

-Henry

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I only got lowering springs wouldn't it make the ride bouncy? Also any good name brands to look into? Thanks.

-Henry

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well if all I need is springs I'll just do that but I thought I would need struts etc.
It depends on how low you go. If you're lower than an inch or inch and a half get struts too. I have h&r super sports with tokico blues and my cars drives and rides like a dream. Check out eibach too

1 - 12 of 12 Posts