Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i may be getting an SC motor from LA (the state) and driving back with it to TX in my passenger well with the seat removed. can i get some tips for how to move the thing, it's a shortblock. maybe some wood on the carpet to hold it up? also, how should it be stored? i don't have a garage so it'll go in a spare room. i was thinking some friends could help and we could put it on some 2x4 sections and keep it on the ground. or should i really try to find an engine mount (is that it's name?). help, i'm a newbie and i can't get up.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
first major flaw. how are you gonna lift an engine into your passenger side, and how are you gonna lift it out?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have freshmen at my command, plus friends if i can't find any fish. how heavy is it? we are a strong lot.

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i would say that a shorblock weighs about 400+lbs or so in a small area. not many places to grab onto. only 2 people would really ever have a grip on it at the same time. and not to mention how you would get it into the car. you'd have to take your door off somehow. just go rent a uhaul. cheaper, easier, and it has a ramp that you can slide it up on (with rollers)

·
Registered
349 Posts
I'd doubt a short block would weight 400 lbs. My Chrysler small block V8 weights about 650, all iron, no aluminum intake or heads. The block is about 140 lbs, crank is about 30, rods maybe 5lbs, pistons about the same (all eight)

More like 250 lbs, which you should be able to grunt around. Whick is about what a Chrysler big block, bare block weights and I still feel the pulled muscle I got when I grunted that f--ker up onto the machine shop counter. I gotta learn the hard way some days.

Steve

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i'm still trying to work a deal. bah! he needs to give to charity, which is me in this case.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts