Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone I know that when doing a super charger you should get a kit to assure everything is correct but has anyone pieced together a supercharger kit or a cheaper way to do it. Because the Saleen and termi blowers are cheap and I was wondering if you could get an intake for the 4.6 sohc. Any info please tell!

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Hey everyone I know that when doing a super charger you should get a kit to assure everything is correct but has anyone pieced together a supercharger kit or a cheaper way to do it. Because the Saleen and termi blowers are cheap and I was wondering if you could get an intake for the 4.6 sohc. Any info please tell!
They make kits to adapt cobra superchargers to the 2v GT motors, but they are expensive and cost about the same as a vortec SC, which are more efficient and produce less heat.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There is a company that makes the intake adaptor for the termi blowers on the 2v. They are called tork tech. If you do the work your self, it's way cheaper than a vortech kit. I should say it can be cheaper than going vortech.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea I was hoping they had like a cheap intake the would fit the gt's 4.6 that used a termi blower

---------- Post added at 03:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 AM ----------

There is a company that makes the intake adaptor for the termi blowers on the 2v. They are called tork tech. If you do the work your self, it's way cheaper than a vortech kit.
I looked them up before its like 2k still isn't it?

·
Registered
79 Posts
About that. I'll have to google to be sure. They make both intercooled and non intercooled manifolds. the non intercooled being cheaper. I personally would go intercooled though.

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:37 PM ----------

If you supply the blower, it's 2k for the intercooled manifold.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I priced everything out its about 2.7k but it can be a lot cheaper with Craigslist cobra parts like injectors and fuel hats

·
Premium Member
5,949 Posts
Read the write up. I can't post nothing with my phone. He has all part numbers, store, and price for all pieces. From 94-04, he done his homework lol. Don't put it down till u read it.
I posted the link earlier in the thread...

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I look at it as I am makin my own kit. It will be the same brackets and belts with a supercharger that I will get rebuilt and I will make sure the fuel system has its upgrades and I will get a dyno tune to assure the computer and fuel is correct. I'm only looking to do 6psi I have 190,000+ miles on my motor I wana see how long I can do that lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts