Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a day and a half after I had a new exhaust put in my check engine light is on. ( pypes x pipe with high flow cats)The car is running much better than before but just wondering if anyone has experienced this. I read that I should unplug the 02 sensors but Ive only read it for people who have no cats and I do. So not sure if that would apply to me as well. Any ideas?

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
if you just unplug the rear o2's it won't make any difference you'll still get a code...you'll either have to

a- get mil eliminators
b- try some spark plug non foulers
c- buy a tune

believe it or not you can throw the same codes a catless system would even with high flows

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
if you just unplug the rear o2's it won't make any difference you'll still get a code...you'll either have to

a- get mil eliminators
b- try some spark plug non foulers
c- buy a tune

believe it or not you can throw the same codes a catless system would even with high flows

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
What code is coming up? That will really help to know, post it here and we can help you better.

Hell it could even just be a coincidence, or not. Get the codes read at your local auto parts store if you dont have a scanner.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Cylinder head overheat detected. It may or may not be related to you getting the exhaust done. No other codes?

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:49 PM ----------

Pulled this from modded mustang. Good list of possibilities and things to check.

"Code*P1285*is*Cylinder*head*overheat sensed: if you have one of those do it your self code readers, they have generic code discriptions, some Vehicle manifactures may use different code discriptions there for gives you wrong data..this code will come on for a few posible reasons
1.Low engine coolant level
2.Engine problems and actualy overheating, lack of oil flow, oil pump, restricted*oil*filter, cooler etc,
3.engine cooling system problems, thermostat, restricted*radiator, electric fans not working, etc
4. bad coolant temp senor or wiring, too a bad PCM, got to start trouble shooting..."

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah Im deff going to look further into it. I havent had any issues with overheating or high temps..I have noticed recently the heat takes a bit longer to go on or it will start to go on but then get cool again not sure if maybe its something with the radiator..hmm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts