Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My check engine light keeps tripping with an "egr insufficient flow" code. I've recently replaced the egr valve and it still tripps with the same code. Anyone have any thoughts about what else it may be or how i can fix it. BTW i have to pass emmisions tests so an egr delete won't do it.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Mine did that too a while back. it was the DPFE sensor, which is just to the left of the EGR valve, I believe. I took it to pep boys, and they replaced the sensor and had to do some sort of cleaning on the MAF as well.

Hope that helps.

BTW, be sure to clean your MAF after install an oil bath filter (K&N, etc.), as you will more than likely always over oil it, no matter how little you put on. That oil gums the MAF up pretty good.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ya, I'm willing to put my money on the sensor. Electronics these days are very small and fragile. It might be a little expensive too. Check ebay or just go to your ford dealer for one.

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
$30 plus tax at my local dealership

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
01mineralgrey6 said:
not anymore :cry:

check with your ford dealership, there's a FSA (recall without a letter) extending warranties on the DPFE sensors for 2 years and 24k miles I believe it was

I can try to get the exact printout for you if you need it, just let me know

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
P.S. if your code was p0402, then yeah that's a 99.999999*% chance its a failed DPFE sensor..
the problem isn't so much with the sensor, but more like the integrity of the sensor, the constant exposure to hot exhaust gas and condensation... they have an updated design now

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
What's the easiest way to clean your MAF? I need to do it to mine...put a K&N filter in about 20,000 miles ago.

·
Registered
284 Posts
electronic parts cleaner, I think. Pep Boys did it when they did the rest of the work. (and charged like 20 bucks for it too) I'd highly suggest doing it yourself.

Somebody want to confirm what it s you clean it with for me pls?

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
pull the maf housing from the air cleaner box, and the intake tube, and spray it lightly with some brake clean... don't overdo it, and don't touch anything..

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I heard brake cleaner is bad for it, to just use electronics cleaner...I need to make a new post with all the stuff I need help with on my car lol

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
brake clean is what we always use in the shop, but it probably is, haha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts