Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ALright guys... most of you know i got the new stang, well anyway he has a flo-tech x-pipe on it. the check engine light is on :disgust: /would this be the best way to go??? MIL Elim. and when your check engine light is on does your engine run in "safe mode"? :confused:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guess what I just found a diy to make you some mil eliminators. Click on linky and go to bottom of page. I think I might even try these for the civic since I cant get rid of that malfunction indicator lamp :cry: anyway heres the linky.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Ya, those should work fine. That check engine light is quite annoying huh? Mine keeps setting off for other reasons.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Going to buy the stuff for mine at radio shack, this afternoon. Oh yeah maybe it'll fix the vic.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lowflyn said:
Ya, those should work fine. That check engine light is quite annoying huh? Mine keeps setting off for other reasons.

Yes very annoying.. I thought about just putting a piece of tape right there so i wouldnt have to look at it anymore... anytime one of my buddies gets in the car their like "WAIT MAN, dont get on it! Your check engine light is on..."
Pft.. newbies. :disgust:
"Shut up man I know just hold on." :lol:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
theglory said:
Hey guess what I just found a diy to make you some mil eliminators. Click on linky and go to bottom of page. I think I might even try these for the civic since I cant get rid of that malfunction indicator lamp :cry: anyway heres the linky.
We shall try this....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well I made it last night will hopefully install this weekend. Well se if it works.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
most mil eliminators i see dont work worth a crap.... look into a chip or something.... perhaps its just the brands some guys get (cheap way out)

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
If the light really bugs you and you have nothignelse wrong with the car just pullout the gauge assembly and pull out the engine light bulb!!! Not that I would personally do it but if you are on a tight budget and cant swing a chip, SpectorV is right MIL eliminators are crap, just pull the bulb !!!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
you can do it even more getto just put some black tape over the gauge cluster where the light is :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Alright can you guys tell me what a chip is?

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
a chip alters the processor code for what ever means, it may turn off a cel light or alter the a/f ratio it just changes how the car normally operates via the computer.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
SpectorV said:
you can do it even more getto just put some black tape over the gauge cluster where the light is :)
Uh...I've done that...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh your talking about like a performance chip. Like from jet chip or something. Or is this specifically for altering codes for running no cats?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It's basically the same thing. You can get different things all burned into it.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Get a diablo tuners or another tuner, you get change settings and turn off mils

·
Registered
59 Posts
Yeah but I've always heard if you dont know what you're doing you can screw up your entire computer, and then you get to pay all kinds of money to get someone to fix it. Am I right or wrong? Or is the diablo really easy to program? Can someone get me a link also to their website, and maybe some generic hp numbers, not for mine for the black 98 gt featured above name:silverstang96 thanks guys.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
theglory said:
Yeah but I've always heard if you dont know what you're doing you can screw up your entire computer, and then you get to pay all kinds of money to get someone to fix it. Am I right or wrong? Or is the diablo really easy to program? Can someone get me a link also to their website, and maybe some generic hp numbers, not for mine for the black 98 gt featured above name:silverstang96 thanks guys.

From what i understand, You call them and tell you exactly what you want to be changed, and they burn the chip just the way you want it... then all you do is install it. Is this correcT?

·
Registered
59 Posts
If it is that would be a good mod for you? I still would like to know some hp numbers, with the mods you have!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts