Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
changing the air fliter didnt fix it u probrobly just havent gone through a OBD2 drive cycle yet and stay away form that autozone so called dianostic crap come on all they do is get the code and what it means codes dont tell u what to fix its not that easy lol i wish it was if u get the code i will probrobly be able to help u its kind of hard to fix a car when u dont have access to it so ill do the best i can at assiting u but other than that leave it to a certified ford tech

·
Registered
151 Posts
changing the air fliter didnt fix it u probrobly just havent gone through a OBD2 drive cycle yet and stay away form that autozone so called dianostic crap come on all they do is get the code and what it means codes dont tell u what to fix its not that easy lol i wish it was if u get the code i will probrobly be able to help u its kind of hard to fix a car when u dont have access to it so ill do the best i can at assiting u but other than that leave it to a certified ford tech

allow me to translate

you are completely incompetent and have no buisness messing with your own car. Take it to a ford dealer so they can charge you 3 or 4 times the going rate for the repair. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Even if you don't feel competent to work on your own car, please, go to an independent garage, don't go to a Ford Dealer unless your car is under warranty, they will ream you, I promise you they will.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Go to autozone and get the code read for free.

Look online for the codes actual meaing in lay-mans terms, and ask someone what you can do to fix it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
My check engine light came on also. I took it to the Ford Dealership and they found that the DPFE Sensor was bad. They also said when I picked it up that this was a common problem. Also, the Sensor Assembly-EGR Pressure Valve was bad...

All under warranty. :p

·
Registered
72 Posts
[No message]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts