Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The previous owner of my car took off the main cats which caused the check engine light to go on. I was looking for a way to get rid of it without having to put the main cats back on because I love the way it sounds and I found those MIL eliminators. My friend said they may not work because you need an H or X pipe for those to work. Is it possible to have them work without an H or X pipe? Or could I get a chip to get rid of the check engine light and I could get some extra power from a chip anyways. Let me now what you think. Thanks.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Well a H pipe or X is not that pricey, and yes a chip would eliminate that problem and you would see some gains from the program aswell!

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Id recommend just going with a chip. If you go this route, throw some new gears in your rear diff like 4.30's or somethin along that line to make it way fast :) then just get the chip when somethin like that is done and youll score extra power, get rid of that nasty orange light, and have new gears... win win win situation :)

Also, do you plan on doing anything else to the car in the future? If so what?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In the future, I was thinking of getting the same rims but 10.5" for the back and maybe just lowering a 1" to 1.5" at the most. When I had my V6 it was at stock height and I would barely scrape the speed bumps at school depending where on the speed bump I hit. I don't what to go very low because of that. I was also thinking of getting different cams for it but that would be very expensive so I'm not to sure about doing that. Other small things I might do may be getting different underdrive pullies, maybe headers, or other types of mods like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts