Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a check engine light code that only appears on my dash after the car runs for a little bit. This is usually followed by poor drivability and a weird lag( almost like a miss fire) when i change gears(Manual). When i go to check the codes I get a perfect nothing wrong 111. I am unsure of where to start but the charcoal canister was the last thing replaced as well as the distributor cap.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
What's the actual code? Information on vehicle?

Reactions: jkeaton

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There is no code for KOEO, the most recent thing was when I ran the KOER code it only showed 6 cylinders instead of 8 for the test when the check engine mystery light turned on.

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Why was the charcoal canister replaced?

I would begin the diagnosis by checking for vacuum leaks everywhere that a vacuum leak could possibly occur. Including the new charcoal canister.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually performed the KOER test incorrectly the first time but I managed to pull these codes the second time
The charcoal canister was replaced because I pulled the code saying there was a failure in the charcoal canister

I received these codes in this specific order during the KOER test

8 (number of cylinders)
314(Thermactor air system/fault during engine run self test / left side)
311(Thermactor air system/fault during engine run self-test)
332(Insufficient EGR flow detected)
31(EVP or PFE circuit below minimum voltage)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok!
I found a cable that seemed to have been disconnected. I am still going to test for vacuum leaks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts