Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Take it to autozone they scan the computer for free and print out what the scanner reads..after you replace the part that you need rescan it and if nothing shows up your done just restart the computer by dissconecting the ground on the battt and it will go off i did all that with mine

·
Registered
835 Posts
If its in Cali, auto part stores can't check it legally. I think its stupid, its so they don't take away work from the auto shops.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Oh well my bro was the temp sensor but after i changed the messed up thermostat i returned the sensor cus i did the rescan and nothing popped up they just told me to restart the computer i did so ..now i dont have the check engine on i really didnt like it on at first because i would think it could of been something expensive but thank god the thermo was les than 20 & i changed it myself

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
He's not being an ass you for sure got a long way for diesel tech but once you get there and get work then you got yourself a great paying job good lock

·
Registered
570 Posts
I'm a ford tech to, n trust me. You do NOT want to work in diesel, sure you get paid alot, but every diesel tech I've met is completely miserable, you get alot of hours to do the job, but it's rediculusly hard work, if you get in the books and learn your ****, tranny tech is the way to go, but you really gotta know what your doing

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I'm a ford tech to, n trust me. You do NOT want to work in diesel, sure you get paid alot, but every diesel tech I've met is completely miserable, you get alot of hours to do the job, but it's rediculusly hard work, if you get in the books and learn your ****, tranny tech is the way to go, but you really gotta know what your doing
Depends on where you work honestly. Some states are more commercial than others. Where I'm at its pretty much the perfect job to get into. One of our cities is basically factories and warehouses. Nothing but trucks roll through. I swear there's a truck stop on every freeway exit and shops on every block for miles. Even our fire department is training the fire fighters to work on their engines because if the lack of technicians

21 - 29 of 29 Posts