Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i took my car to autozone on thursday to get my code read so that i can see what is causing that light to go off. the guy read the code and said that i had a leak in my fuel system and he went to the gas cap, took it off and put it back on, went back to the car cleared the code and it hasn't come back :shock: i would have never imagined that something so simple would cause the light to go off. now when i put gas and put the cap back on i give it an extra little snug to make sure it closes right.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
It'll do it every time. Be glad you didn't carry it up to ford, they would have charged you the 75 dollar fee just to tell you to tighten your gas cap and said something else was wrong. Good call on going to auto zone lol.

·
Registered
349 Posts
You gotta be careful with the AZ clowns.

I had a check engine light two weeks ago. Had Bozo run the codes, the scanner said I had two codes but Bozo would only show me one, said he couldn't call up the second till I fixed the first one, then proceeded to tell me it was the gas cap.

I took the scanner from him, called up the second code and wrote both down. Went home and the codes were IAC related. So I cleaned my IAC, cleared my codes and haven't had a problem since.

Steve

·
Registered
6 Posts
My check engin light is also on, and has been sence i got the car around mid June of 03'. I took it to AZ and the clown read the codes. There were 4 codes that came up, Three of them said "See Dealer" and one read Bad Oxygen Sensor... I asked him how much it would cost to just replace the OS and he recomended me taking it to the dealer and getting the other codes read because thos three could be making the one bad OS sensor problem... Any Ideas? or should i take it to Ford???

·
Registered
349 Posts
woulda been nice if you had the code numbers, The AZ scanners will cough up the code. Then you gotta get the book and read what the codes say. If we knew the codes we could probably answer the question.

Steve

1 - 5 of 5 Posts