Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does it mean and how does it just randomly come on? I checked to see if it was screwed on and it was like its supposed to be. Any help?

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Did you happen to drive with the gas cap open?

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1lowGT said:
Did you happen to drive with the gas cap open?
Idk cause I just got my car back this week cause it got hit up by the front right fender and I checked it and it was not as tight as it should be so I tightened it and it was still on so I turned the car off and turned it back on and still came on and it's been on for like 3 days now. I wonder if it'll go away once I fill it up..

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yep^ in hook battery

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just my 2 cents but if a fuel cap light came on did u by any chance get an evap code for a large leak....if so it miggt be related to the hit on the passenger side cause the evap canister and a couple of things evap related are on that side.... just a thought

·
Registered
525 Posts
Just my 2 cents but if a fuel cap light came on did u by any chance get an evap code for a large leak....if so it miggt be related to the hit on the passenger side cause the evap canister and a couple of things evap related are on that side.... just a thought
Exactly,,sounds like it might have crack the canister or knock a hose off

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
1996mustang said:
What do you mean got hit? I got hit last week right on the fender by a newer truck. I got it fixed and this came on..

Attachments

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
What do you mean got hit? I got hit last week right on the fender by a newer truck. I got it fixed and this came on..
That third photo where your evap canister is exposed is what im talkin about. That has to do with ur emissions and can set the fuel cap light on if any of the vacuum lines were craked or broken

·
Registered
560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1996mustang said:
That third photo where your evap canister is exposed is what im talkin about. That has to do with ur emissions and can set the fuel cap light on if any of the vacuum lines were craked or broken
Does it need to be an immediate fix? And how easy of a fix is it?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Totally office topic but where did you get smoked headlights with the clear reflectors?
I got them on eBay for about 90 bucks, I also got the chrome turn signal bulbs

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
StangerBanger04 said:
Does it need to be an immediate fix? And how easy of a fix is it?
Its not gonna need an immediate fix atm but u will smell fuel from the car. Eventually ur gonna have to find out what broke and fix it cause emissions will mess with fuel usage and burn up the o2 sensors and cats ( if any) but right now not really a deal.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts