Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else get annoyed when some guys put Chevy engines in Ford cars? I mean, why would you want to? Ford has just as large of a performance parts market as Chevy does. I really hate it when guys put 350 Chevy engines in Fox Body Mustangs. Just put in a 351 Cleveland/Windsor!

·
Registered
37 Posts
It does seem kind of dumb in that application. Unless you're talking like LS-series, particularly the newer LS engines, there's just no good reason to go GM over Ford in a Mustang. Ford just doesn't have anything that small, light, efficient, and powerful all in one. (the Modular engines are wide.) Even so it's still sacrilege.

Otherwise, in other cars...non-Fords, cars that never had available V8s and such, well, SBCs are just better supported for non-original applications than are Fords. There's more parts, and more info out there for making them work in cars they were never intended for.

But...putting one in a car that has a well-supported V8 AS ONE OF THE STOCK ENGINES ...is ******* stupid.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I somehow don't like it neither. Unless, it's another car like a Delorean which is fine that ur putting the engine in.

It's like a fan of a football team going to ur favorite football team's game, wearing another teams jersey instead of ur team's jersey while he or she is at the game. especially if ur wearing a teams jersey from a team which u hate that is a rival to ur team.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I dont mind it one bit... Actually i perfer it. There are a lot of guys down at my hometown drag strip that run chevy motors in the mustangs... It all depends on preference.... I mean alot of people including me have worked only on chevys. So i know what i am doing there where as a ford i know a little but not as much....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Chevy makes the best V8's in the world. And the more modern ones have one of the longest warrantys you can have, longer than Fords.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts