Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal, I have a 83 5.0 and it runs but has a lot of issues. Needs new tranny and the engine is leaking oil :eek:.

Anyways! My point is do you think it would be a bad idea to just throw a 350 with a 383 stroker kit I already have in it?

The purpose of this thread is to get opinions on if it would be insulting to throw that in there. Opinions please, I'm very concerned.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
93slowstang said:
Plenty of people do it but I for one never will. You will probably catch hell from die hard ford fans if you you do.
Yeah that's what I figured. Oh well :p in my picture you can see it's but that purdy anyways.

ForumRunner_20111030_100431.png

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
There was an article years ago in Hot Rod magazine if I remember correctly. (I was a teenager then, which was a long time ago.)

It said something like:
"If you are to inexperienced to build an engine yourself, buy a Chevrolet. Everything that can be done to them has already been done and you won't need to think for yourself when it comes to parts selection or building them."

At the time to me that meant if you are too dumb or lazy to build anything else, take the easy route and build a Chevrolet.

Being easily impressionable at the time, that one little statement steered me toward Fords and Mustangs forever.

So, I vote that you save the 350 for a possible future Camaro build (competition companion for your Mustang) and maybe look into a 351W replacement engine for your Mustang. You can bore and stroke it to 408 - 427 cubic inches and get just as much or more power and not be ostracized from the Mustang community. :good:

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
There was an article years ago in Hot Rod magazine if I remember correctly. (I was a teenager then, which was a long time ago.)

It said something like:
"If you are to inexperienced to build an engine yourself, buy a Chevrolet. Everything that can be done to them has already been done and you won't need to think for yourself when it comes to parts selection or building them."

At the time to me that meant if you are too dumb or lazy to build anything else, take the easy route and build a Chevrolet.

Being easily impressionable at the time, that one little statement steered me toward Fords and Mustangs forever.

So, I vote that you save the 350 for a possible future Camaro build (competition companion for your Mustang) and maybe look into a 351W replacement engine for your Mustang. You can bore and stroke it to 408 - 427 cubic inches and get just as much or more power and not be ostracized from the Mustang community. :good:
MM&FF has an article w/ a 408.. 530hp-534TQ.. That's what I'm talking about..

·
Banned
699 Posts
Trojan Horse said:

It said something like:

Belive i read in my stroker book that u can get over 480 ci out of the 351 w now i started a thread about it some time ago thx for reminding me i still need to post pics of the book and stroker kits

Dont do chevy in a ford period granted its ur car but thats just moving to an inferior product as suggested put a 351w in it ull allways be happy and it wont blow up when u need it most.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts