Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on my 2013 v6 the chin spoiler sort of bent down and broke off a bit on the passenger side when I hit the curb parking the first day I got it... I wasn't so sure how low it was and it happened )':
how much would it cost for repairs?? Could I fix it myself?

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Its very easy to remove and replace.It is held on the bottom by either screws or plastic screws and tabs that pop out.You could remove it and when your ready replace it with an aftermarket chin spoiler.

I love the roush chin spoilers.Check out Late Model Restoration site,they seem to have a large selection on there web site.Also to be fair check out the other Mustang Parts
selling sponsors websites.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was interested in getting the shelby front splitter kit (3 pieces i believe) so i contacted ford. All said and done, it would've come out to $159. I'm waiting for something to happen to my stock front splitter so i can do the switch because im only willing to spend the money once i actually need it. I think you have the perfect excuse to do the switch haha.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The problem isn't the front air dam. It looks like you ripped the bumper where the screws mount, correct? If so, you have two options: Replace bumper and retain 100% stock compatibility and look (from underneath), or redrill the bumper slightly offset from where you ripped it, then redrill all air dams you buy to match the new hole positioning.

·
Premium Member
5,548 Posts
The problem isn't the front air dam. It looks like you ripped the bumper where the screws mount, correct? If so, you have two options: Replace bumper and retain 100% stock compatibility and look (from underneath), or redrill the bumper slightly offset from where you ripped it, then redrill all air dams you buy to match the new hole positioning.
I see this too. Looks like a front bumper replacement.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yess! they holes where the screws go broke off! and if I do drill me bigger holes or even maybe even put small steel plates over and drill holes over those, I'm afraid that since the chin spoiler is Bent it might brake off an even bigger part of the bumper! O: I hope I don't have to replace the whole thing/:

---------- Post added at 12:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:09 PM ----------

That sucks but a good tip is to park in reverse Next time.
I've been doing that ever since(x

·
R.I.P. - 10/06/2021
1,234 Posts
Hate to see this. I've scraped the chin spoiler on my 2011 so many times i can't count. I have a new Stillen chin spoiler but im afraid to put it on becasue its lower to the ground than the factory one. My Mustang isn't even lowered :banghead:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The chin spoiler is garbage now, bent way too much. You will need a new one of those. However, if you move like 2" to the left or right of the preexisting mount holes, drill a hole through the new spoiler and bumper, then used the metal nut clip over it, it will work just fine. Nobody but your mechanic or oil guy will even see it.

Newer Malibu's have rear fascia inserts held on like that. I somehow ripped one loose with a huge pothole. I did exactly what I described above and had it fixed within 10 mins. No one would ever know unless they got under the vehicle.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The chin spoiler is garbage now, bent way too much. You will need a new one of those. However, if you move like 2" to the left or right of the preexisting mount holes, drill a hole through the new spoiler and bumper, then used the metal nut clip over it, it will work just fine. Nobody but your mechanic or oil guy will even see it.

Newer Malibu's have rear fascia inserts held on like that. I somehow ripped one loose with a huge pothole. I did exactly what I described above and had it fixed within 10 mins. No one would ever know unless they got under the vehicle.
Great advise! Ill try taking it off today:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

Great advise! Ill try taking it off today:)

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Ill try taking it off today!:) thanks for the great advice!

·
Registered
75 Posts
on my 2013 v6 the chin spoiler sort of bent down and broke off a bit on the passenger side when I hit the curb parking the first day I got it... I wasn't so sure how low it was and it happened )':
how much would it cost for repairs?? Could I fix it myself?
How's everything going with that? Because I just saw that mine broke off on the far left side. I was leaving a parking lot and and the driveway exit was like straight down I had no way to not hit it and now it looks exactly like what happened to yours.

·
Registered
803 Posts
I had a valet driver do this to my car but he managed to just rip out the screws on the passenger side towards the end of the splitter. I was able to drill a new mounting hole next to the old one and used a zip tie to hold the splitter on. Works like a charm

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
I had a valet driver do this to my car but he managed to just rip out the screws on the passenger side towards the end of the splitter. I was able to drill a new mounting hole next to the old one and used a zip tie to hold the splitter on. Works like a charm
They should be insured for that and they would be replacing it...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts