Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know a good site to get a chin spoiler for '12 V6? AM is pretty limited. Been thinking about just getting a GT bumper. What all will I need with it for install?

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
well, for starters, the bumper and upper and lower grilles. and from what i've read that's all that's required.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There isn't a new mounting bracket or extra stuff to attach to the bumper for install?

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is the grille surround separate, or does it come with the new grille you buy? I thought only the V6 had overlays?

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
There isn't a new mounting bracket or extra stuff to attach to the bumper for install?
Bolts right on. Or rather, snaps right on

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:33 PM ----------

And be sure you have a legit GT grille. The v6 is a tad small

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Sweet. I appreciate the help. I think my mind is set on a GT bumper.
Do like me, hit something and let insurance take care of it. Or you can pay anywhere drone $250-$1000 for it all said and done. $250 is for a pull off bumper on eBay. Those are kinda half assed sometimes.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
Sweet. I appreciate the help. I think my mind is set on a GT bumper.
Check out the Roush web site. They sell "take offs" quite a bit when folks send off their Mustangs to have them "Roushed". You may even find your color as well.

·
Admin
5,822 Posts
There's a guy on another Mustang forum that bought a GT front bumper and a grill from the Roush site (as "rake offs", then he bought the Boss 302 chin spoiler (I think he got this from a Ford parts dealer). It was all installed on his 2011 V6. He posted pics; it looked great, but he caught a lot of crap from that site for cloning a Boss 201 from the purists. He no longer posts because of this. It is something I'd like to do as well, as I really like the look of the Boss, but I can't afford to buy one at this time; cloning would be my only option at this time.

Besides, no one is offering to make anyones car payments, so I figure anyone can clone what they want.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
There's a guy on another Mustang forum that bought a GT front bumper and a grill from the Roush site (as "rake offs", then he bought the Boss 302 chin spoiler (I think he got this from a Ford parts dealer). It was all installed on his 2011 V6. He posted pics; it looked great, but he caught a lot of crap from that site for cloning a Boss 201 from the purists. He no longer posts because of this. It is something I'd like to do as well, as I really like the look of the Boss, but I can't afford to buy one at this time; cloning would be my only option at this time.

Besides, no one is offering to make anyones car payments, so I figure anyone can clone what they want.
I've caught hell from boss owners as well with my "patriot boss edition" paint job. They say I didn't do the hood right but if you pull it up I did it correctly. It has GT fogs and the splitter. So that's exactly what I'm doing. I even bought a model of the car to show people I'm not just talking out the side of my neck. Insurance takes so long though

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Very Nice Primer! Got the RTR Chin sitting in my front room...waiting to go over to use my buddy's "Hanger" so I can be warm while im doing this.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts