Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, finally got my first Mustang- a 2010 silver GT, completely stock. Now, what is the deal with the chips? Do they really work or can they negatively affect your car, along wiht voiding the fact. warranty?

Just looking to give her a tweak or two of hp- the stock exhaust note are working just fine and offer great sound. No interest in buying new exhaust.

Any suggestions guys??

I'll send a pic soon, but the snow here isn't helping.... :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
Chip? When did we go back to the 90's?:wtf

·
The Blue Dragon
5,486 Posts
Gb5.0 is right, there's no "chips" put in these cars anymore. The computers are retuned with handheld calibration devices referred to as "tuners" go with a reputable "tuner" (a company that writes tunes aka Bama, vmp, Steeda, brenspeed etc) for a tune (PCM recalibration)

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
There are plenty of chips out there to rip you off. As a matter of fact, this fourm allows a company to advertise and rip ppl off on here, which is BS.
Huh? What the heck are you talking about?

·
Registered
14 Posts
AAANNNDD there are plenty of claims on EBay that certain "chips" can add up to 100hp and +40 mpg for $69-$179! Sooo don't fall for that junk either! And correct me if I'm wrong here guys, but I've done research on the "electric supercharger kits" that companies sell for $250 and less. When they dyno test these in real life, they don't work. So don't waste your money there, and those "tornado" intake inserts don't work either. Anything that restricts air flow WILL NOT ADD HP!!! There's my 2 cents. Congrats on the car, welcome to the family.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
kpass3490 said:
I would hope nobody would fall for that stuff, but I guess some must if they sell them.
This fourm needs to respect It's membership, by not allowing a company to advertise on here, whose sole purpose is to rip you off. G Force does offer a money back guarantee , what they don't tell you is that you pay to ship it back + a $25 restocking fee. All my experience was on carborated cars, so I know first hand how it works. Luckly before I got the device, I learned it will mess the car up. I tried cancelling the order before it shipped, they wouldn't let me, said I had to keep it so many days, bla bla bla, before I could get my money back. That's how they get the restocking fee.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts