Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SCT 4 Bank eliminator chip!!!!
Americanmuscle.com

It's a change on the fly 3 position chip
94-98 gts
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
I bought that from American muscle with my new motor and HCI , had it professionally installed and the car wouldn't run, ended up having it towed to a speed shop, had the chip erased and had it dynoed tune!! 100% worth it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
134 Posts
WhiteCobra94 said:
I bought that from American muscle with my new motor and HCI , had it professionally installed and the car wouldn't run, ended up having it towed to a speed shop, had the chip erased and had it dynoed tune!! 100% worth it
But you have the supporting mods to take advantage of the chip
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm looking more at the MPG the chip supports even if its only 2-3 that's makes me at about 24 mpg hwy with my 273 gears
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
94GT302 said:
I'm looking more at the MPG the chip supports even if its only 2-3 that's makes me at about 24 mpg hwy with my 273 gears
I have not noticed any increase in mpg with my chip installed. Neither did my buddy in his 95 gt and the only mod on his was a cai.
 

·
AmericanMuscle.com
Joined
·
2,878 Posts
SCT 4 Bank eliminator chip!!!!
Americanmuscle.com

It's a change on the fly 3 position chip
94-98 gts
94GT302,

We've had great results from the 4 Bank Eliminator chip. You can cycle between 3 different tunes while on the fly which is really convenient!

You'll definitely feel a noticeable difference in power, drive ability and gas mileage. However power is going to depend on your supporting mods, if your cars stock the gains may not be that great. However if you have full bolt ons (or plan to) then its a must have in my opinion. Your gas mileage is going to be at the mercy of your right foot and daily driving habits. We've seen proven gains of up to 5mpg depending on how the car is driven and on what roads. Obviously if your constantly in the throttle and driving city, you won't see many gains.

Here's a little bit about how we write your tunes. For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

This is just the beginning of what Bama has to offer you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,435 Posts
AMDanBailer said:
94GT302,

We've had great results from the 4 Bank Eliminator chip. You can cycle between 3 different tunes while on the fly which is really convenient!

You'll definitely feel a noticeable difference in power, drive ability and gas mileage. However power is going to depend on your supporting mods, if your cars stock the gains may not be that great. However if you have full bolt ons (or plan to) then its a must have in my opinion. Your gas mileage is going to be at the mercy of your right foot and daily driving habits. We've seen proven gains of up to 5mpg depending on how the car is driven and on what roads. Obviously if your constantly in the throttle and driving city, you won't see many gains.

Here's a little bit about how we write your tunes. For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

This is just the beginning of what Bama has to offer you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
How can you Get a proper tune with just knowing the manufacture of the cylinder heads (example all AM what heads do I have?) and not the exact flow, and why dont you tune in the Camshaft?
 

·
AmericanMuscle.com
Joined
·
2,878 Posts
How can you Get a proper tune with just knowing the manufacture of the cylinder heads (example all AM what heads do I have?) and not the exact flow, and why dont you tune in the Camshaft?
WhiteCobra94,

We ask the brand and type of heads so that we know the CC's (Intake Runners, Exhaust Runners and Combustion CC). We also ask what Cam you're running so that we know how mild or aggressive it is. These two things are much more important then the brand names, more so the Size and aggressiveness.

The difference from Stock to aftermarket is a world of difference in the tuning world. However the difference from an aftermarket heads/cam set up vs another heads/cam set up is very small. There may be a few very minor adjustments between the 2 set ups for 79-95!

I hope this helps, if you have any further questions definitely give my Bama team a call and they'll get you squared away! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764!

-Dan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
94GT302,

We've had great results from the 4 Bank Eliminator chip. You can cycle between 3 different tunes while on the fly which is really convenient!

You'll definitely feel a noticeable difference in power, drive ability and gas mileage. However power is going to depend on your supporting mods, if your cars stock the gains may not be that great. However if you have full bolt ons (or plan to) then its a must have in my opinion. Your gas mileage is going to be at the mercy of your right foot and daily driving habits. We've seen proven gains of up to 5mpg depending on how the car is driven and on what roads. Obviously if your constantly in the throttle and driving city, you won't see many gains.

Here's a little bit about how we write your tunes. For every Bama Tune we ask you 19 questions about your specific Mustang, including your unique mods and style of driving. This info helps us write custom tunes from the ground-up for your Mustang's mods that will give you the most horsepower that we can safely deliver. We're also constantly developing our tunes! Between our 14 different Project Mustangs and tons of street/track and dyno testing (on our in-house Dynojet 224xLC), we're looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys.

This is just the beginning of what Bama has to offer you. Let me know if I can be of any assistance!

-Dan
So, roughly, what kind of gains could i see?? On my '95 GT 5speed, I have a cai, o/r xpipe, and underdrive pulleys... as far as driving style, i drive very aggresively lol.. oh, and idk if it makes a diff but i advanced the timing to 14* also..

just trying to get an idea, im debating between the bama chip or the 4.10 gears.. either way im buying from you guys!.
thanks,

-Jayy
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,779 Posts
So, roughly, what kind of gains could i see?? On my '95 GT 5speed, I have a cai, o/r xpipe, and underdrive pulleys... as far as driving style, i drive very aggresively lol.. oh, and idk if it makes a diff but i advanced the timing to 14* also..

just trying to get an idea, im debating between the bama chip or the 4.10 gears.. either way im buying from you guys!.
thanks,

-Jayy
No need for tune, get the 4.10s
That's my opinion too. :good:
You need to finish up your modding before you get a chip, IF you plan to add any more, if not then go for it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
48 Posts
Trojan Horse said:
That's my opinion too. :good:
You need to finish up your modding before you get a chip, IF you plan to add any more, if not then go for it.
Yeahh that's what I'm thinking.. I'll prolly just go for the gears.. thanks for the input..
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,779 Posts
You're Welcome & Good Luck with your project. :good:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
SCT 4 Bank Chip

When i put the chip in the computer and it wasn't making a good connection. So i cleaned it better and now with it all put together it wont start. Is there a reason for this?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,444 Posts
When i put the chip in the computer and it wasn't making a good connection. So i cleaned it better and now with it all put together it wont start. Is there a reason for this?
Do you have the switch for multiple tunes? If so 1-4 are the ones you need it on 4 being the factory tune.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top