Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Everything I've read says yes it will void it, if there is an issue Ford can tell if it's ever been tuned. Even if you wipe it clean. Someone else will have to chime in about a Ford tune.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Everything I've read says yes it will void it, if there is an issue Ford can tell if it's ever been tuned. Even if you wipe it clean. Someone else will have to chime in about a Ford tune.
Check out this link: Our local dealer does the programming though. So no Bama chips for now. As far as I know deadsp0t is right-- computers don't lie.

Sandy Springs Ford - Mustang Packages

·
Registered
430 Posts
Yes ford will know if its been chipped, no matter if its reflashed, wiped, reset once its done its forever saved in the computer i work at a ford dealer, ive seen a few stang owners get caught in a lie about tuners for warrenty claims

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
never install a chip on your car, you want to just update the tune via a hand held tuner.

yes it will void the warranty if not through ford., but ford offers performance packs for some vehicles that they update the tune on and it maintains the warranty, not the best performance but you keep the warranty.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts