Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I replaced a rim recently for my drivers side rear tire and when I'm driving I hear a chirping sound coming from that area. Any ideas on what's wrong and how to fix it?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Sounds like a wheel bearing.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Does the sound speed up with the car? Does it stay the same no matter how fast you go? Do brakes or clutch affect the sound...?
Answers are found in details.

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
Without more detail, I know the rear has an automatic adjuster for e-brake. I had a Taurus once that the adjuster was all the way out and chirped. It continued to get worse until it was a whistle or squeal. Could be something more simple. Could be build up of dust. Take the tire off and check it out. I'd give you my brake cleaner if you were close.

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

Without more detail, I know the rear has an automatic adjuster for e-brake. I had a Taurus once that the adjuster was all the way out and chirped. It continued to get worse until it was a whistle or squeal. Could be something more simple. Could be build up of dust. Take the tire off and check it out. I'd give you my brake cleaner if you were close.
Have you ever changed the rears?

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
It speeds up as I do and when I brake it goes away. So I'm maybe thinking rubbing on the caliper?
Just get some brake cleaner. Take off the tire and clean it all good. If it still does it, you'll know to go deeper.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just bought the car in early December and I got into an accident where the rim cracked so I bought a new one and had Wal-Mart switch out the rims and ever since then it's chirped

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Ok I'll try that. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,535 Posts
I just bought the car in early December and I got into an accident where the rim cracked so I bought a new one and had Wal-Mart switch out the rims and ever since then it's chirped

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Ok I'll try that. Thanks!
Once you get the wheel off, you will be able to tell a lot.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
I got into an accident where my rim got a bit bent and my car made a squeaking noise in the rear where it got hit. It ended up being the caliper. The impact bent the caliper piston so I had to replace it and all

1 - 14 of 14 Posts