Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help selecting replacement tires. The initial tires were installed by Roush as part of the Roush package. They are Cooper Zeon 2XS Ultra high performance tires. They are a summer tire and I only got 15,000 miles out of them. I need to replace with something that handles as good, but that I can get alot more mileage out of., and, preferrable an all season, not just a summer tire. These tires look like they were designed specifically for my car and they cornered at high speed like a dream, but I just didnt get enough miles oiut of them. AND, they are expensive. Anybody out there a "tire genius" or, know a tire company that I can trust to give me good, reliable advise.Also, would like to not have to mortgage my home to pay for them.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you want the performance (cornering) out of a tire that will last longer, dream on.
Tires are a series of compromises. In order to get the wear that you want some handling will have to be sacrificed. The change to an all weather tire yields some loss in handling in itself.
I would suggest that you go to tirerack.com and study the tires that will fit. Read the reviews written by other drivers.
I like Hoosiers, but they are hard to find. I don't even know if tirerack carries them.
Maybe more then one set of tires would be better then just all weathers. If you are like me there are times that you know you want all the cornering you can get. While other times mundane tires will do.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts