Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So "Santa" (aka, my wife) heard me loud and clear this year and I am happy to be expecting these bolt on mods for Christmas :p :thumb: (Flowmaster Axle Back Exhaust and Ford Racing X-Pipe)...I know the axle-back exhaust mod doesn't require a tune, but does adding an X-pipe require me to re-tune? I've heard its not necessary but will help benefit...I just want to get the best performance out of these upgrades.

Re-tune or no tune needed? Thanks in advance and Merry Christmas!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I think the drone is over played, it isn't bad to me

05 Gt Premium Performance White, flowmaster outlaws, Jlt Series 3, Bama 91r tune

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I had flowmasters on my 03 cobra, they sounded fine.

Slp on my 03 gt - good
Slp on my 08 roush - crap
MagnaFlow on my coyote - perfect

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
5 Posts
My wife got me the the Pypebomb catback system for Christmas...and since I wouldn't be able to install it until after New Year's, she let me install it already ;)

If you wanted a tune, just make sure it's one you can get updated if you add any smaller things later, like a cai or cat deletes. You don't need one, but I'm sure it would have at least a slight effect.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Hey Rapinator, you have any videos of your car anywhere? I'd love to hear your beast with the magnaflow set-up. I thought magnaflows would be too quiet for my taste but that double walled tip is by far the best looking one on the market IMHO. Which one did you go with?

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
Nah bud I don't at this moment. Not up on you tube or anything that is.

I have the magnaflow street cat back the full 3". They are mellow enough around town, so they do not grab alot of unwanted attention. However the sound amazing at wot

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
394 Posts
I kinda wish I would've just waited and done the full system like that. I wish those magnaflow tips would have come on my gt500 axleback.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts