Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have a black GT and personally think Black rims with the black car would look good, along with some smoked tail lights to go for the "Blacked Out" look. My dad on the other hand keeps saying CHROME! If i got chrome rims i would also add other chrome parts around the exterior of the car but i personally think the all black would look good. So post your opinions... Black or Chrome???

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Just voicing my opinion, I have never been a fan of the chrome lip. Also, I am nt a big fan of black on black. It seems over done now, like every car is black with black tint and black rims. I like medium to clear windows, and chrome or brushed aluminum wheels. A stock 5.0 looks gorgeous, to me. Black or metallic grey.

No hate, that is just my view.

·
Registered
660 Posts
UltArc said:
Just voicing my opinion, I have never been a fan of the chrome lip. Also, I am nt a big fan of black on black. It seems over done now, like every car is black with black tint and black rims. I like medium to clear windows, and chrome or brushed aluminum wheels. A stock 5.0 looks gorgeous, to me. Black or metallic grey.

I agree with never really liking the black and chrome, but for me i only like it on black cars. Black with chrome on any other color just throws it off for me.

·
Registered
84 Posts
What about black chrome? It's reflective, but it's somewhat tinted under the clear coat.... Looks reaaally good and would go with either color scheme you went with!

·
Registered
211 Posts
My opion would be to go with chrome wheels or pollished alum.wheels Im not much of a fan of the black on black look

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'm trying to make the same decision, I think I change my mind every day.
It's hard to decide but it's winter here so I have a couple months to decide.
One thought is that if you get chrome and decide you want a change you could always plastidip them black later. But you can't chrome the black.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had the same dilemma when I was buying my wheels my dad kept saying chrome and I wanted black haha. Whatever you get make sure it's what you want because you have to drive it everyday. I ended up going with black and I'm glad I did.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I dunno, it seems like "blacked out" Stangs seem to be everywhere especially on the forums. Sometimes I have to look twice at pics to figure out whose car I'm looking at 'cause they all imitate each other.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Here's my car. Just put black 15s on her. Ill be installing all smoked lamps after Xmas, except the fogs. I like black, I think it's mean. Some ppl think its gay, but some people would also rather press flowers and watch the Notebook, on their own. So take the opinions as they come. But chrome or polished looks great too. Just don't over do the bling.

Attachments

·
Registered
916 Posts
Ya because they are all over the forums. I've never been a big fan of black wheels. On certain cars with the right setup it can look pretty good. But I'm more of an old school chrome guy.

·
Registered
525 Posts

Accent black on aluminum looks ok,,i know most kids hate my fan blades but i love them,,acually im going to have the back ones cut and widened to 10,,so it will be staggered,,i think the black rims is just a phase anyway,,

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

My opion would be to go with chrome wheels or pollished alum.wheels Im not much of a fan of the black on black look
Looks like a dirt track car or something with the black,,when i was coming up,,black rims was on the car from the factory

·
Registered
309 Posts
Here's my car. Just put black 15s on her. Ill be installing all smoked lamps after Xmas, except the fogs. I like black, I think it's mean. Some ppl think its gay, but some people would also rather press flowers and watch the Notebook, on their own. So take the opinions as they come. But chrome or polished looks great too. Just don't over do the bling.
I don't think black on black is overdone at all. I think it's got a classic mean look to it. Chrome just looks too gaudy a lot of times. I like muscledom's car a lot. The spoiler is lame, but other than that it's awesome.

·
Banned
510 Posts
I don't think black on black is overdone at all. I think it's got a classic mean look to it. Chrome just looks too gaudy a lot of times. I like muscledom's car a lot. The spoiler is lame, but other than that it's awesome.
Thanks Ben. I know, I've been looking for a bigger spoiler. Do you know where I can get one? Lol

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks Ben. I know, I've been looking for a bigger spoiler. Do you know where I can get one? Lol
Contrary to popular belief, bigger isn't always better...

My personal favorite is the Roush style. Second favorite is the GT500 style. Just like the way they flow with the lines on the S197 body style.

·
Banned
510 Posts
Contrary to popular belief, bigger isn't always better...

My personal favorite is the Roush style. Second favorite is the GT500 style. Just like the way they flow with the lines on the S197 body style.
Yea I'm not terribly picky myself. I really like the way the Shelby GT and the Bullitt look with no spoiler at all. I dig the ducktail too.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts