Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i work for jeep/chrysler of norco, so i get to drive these things quite a bit. Theyre a sohc 3.2L mercedes v6, which produces about 215 hp. unfortunately, chrysler only put out 1600 of these cars, making them a collector's item. There is a 6 speed model and a 5 speed auto (triptronic). Anyway, this car is awesome...80% mercedes and 20% chrysler (the chrysler part being the body.) It competes with the likes of the audi TT, and 350Z. Anyway, the Brabus guy came the other day, he brought the crossfire with a bored mercedes 3.8 as opposed to the standard 3.2. he claims that it puts out about 330 bhp, and after having driven it, i didnt doubt him.

anyway, the reason im posting this is because of what happened on the little drive. im in the driver's seat talking to the brabus guy about the engine and so on, when a red vette slinks up to the light, complete with two dumb looking fellows wearing sideways caps. the light turns green and i dump the clutch in mid conversation, he stays with me up until 2nd gear where i began to steadily put distance between me and the vette. i think the last thing he saw was the rear active spoiler which comes up at 50mph. i think he was hurtin after this one :oops: :oops:

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
wow. i was actually looking at that car if the new supra doesnt come to the states. but it will be that much of a collectors car? that means like an automatic $5,000 market adjustment to up the cost.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the markups vary from dealer to dealer. the MSRP on them is $32-35000
but the average markup is 10,000. however at my dealership there isnt a markup, so shop around for one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
and it was the newest body style, didnt know year......the red kind?

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Hm...the red kind :oops:
Let's see...maybe the new style. That's the one always seen in red. Like 98 or up. Now, are we pretty sure it wasn't a Z06...I'd agree, so it's probably a 98 or up red corvette. Fiberglass body, LS1, POS :D
Those Chrysler and Dodge cars are pretty mean. I looked at one of those Crossfires back when they first came out. Sweet cars.
I've always like Daimler-Chrysler vehicles. Almost bought a Stratus RT. Silver, 3.0 (Same as Eclipse GT), sweet car.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
They had one sitting on the show room floor when I got my Jeep.

it's Rolling on 19's!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the other day my cousin comes in my drive way got out and said "hey you ever rode in my 92 dodge 318 truck (auto with exhaust)" I siad nope, he said come ride, so i did, then he says i bet it will tear up your v6..... i laughed at him and said damn i get enough crap from civics i dont ened it from slow dodge and chevy trucks with flowmasters. he then stated after he got his K&N and chip he will have 35 more hp also....I would love to run him some time and really embarass him, when he had it floored it felt just like normal driving... i do agree that the lower truck gears make it feel faster off the lien but thats about it :)

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
lowflyn said:
Hm...the red kind :oops:
Let's see...maybe the new style. That's the one always seen in red. Like 98 or up. Now, are we pretty sure it wasn't a Z06...I'd agree, so it's probably a 98 or up red corvette. Fiberglass body, LS1, POS :D
Those Chrysler and Dodge cars are pretty mean. I looked at one of those Crossfires back when they first came out. Sweet cars.
I've always like Daimler-Chrysler vehicles. Almost bought a Stratus RT. Silver, 3.0 (Same as Eclipse GT), sweet car.
the C5 (the new style) came out in 97, the LS1 got put into the camaros and trans-ams in 98, but the 97 C5 vette had the LS1

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
Yes I know. I was trying to explain it in a way someone might understand. And the LS1 is still the Corvette engine offered right now. I would rather have it in a trans am but I guess that's just me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts