Mustang Evolution Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hey guys--I just signed up for this site after seeing it on one of your cars (mineral gray w/duals-no cuts in the bumper)...Anyways, found this thread and thought I'd say "hi" because I didn't get to at the meet Tues. We meet up at Fudds every other Tuesday, and since the weather is becoming nice, the meets will only get bigger and better.
Anyways-for you guys with the molding..you don't have to go too crazy to get them off. I have a 99 E Green Vert (wasn't at the meet, we had my boyfriends 98 GT), it's a pretty bright color if you're not familiar with it. To get my moldings off, all I did was take dental floss to the backs of the moldings, you basically floss it off. After that, I used a paint safe adhesive remover and just rubbed the glue off. Wash it up, wax it, and you're good :)
Look forward to seeing you guys at the next Fudds meet!, make sure you check out the CJMF boards (www.teamcjmf.org) we always have a LOT going on, especially as the weather gets nicer. It's definatly nice to see some more V6's getting in on the action!

·
Registered
14 Posts
wiarumas said:
ditto. i planned on doing this last summer but never got around to it. im just afraid that itll be noticable where it was. i actually have a few topics about this on this site i think haha.
Just wanted to add--I was really worried it'd be noticeable as well, especially since the color is so dark. Honestly, using just the floss and the adhesive remover you can't tell they were ever there. It was a Florida car, too, so it saw a LOT of sunlight, but I hated the moldings and figured even if there was a slight difference, I knew I'd hate that less. You should be alright.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
mandakat said:
Hey guys--I just signed up for this site after seeing it on one of your cars (mineral gray w/duals-no cuts in the bumper)....
Hey Manda...That would be my car, except it's Dark Shadow Gray lol....Don't worry though, I'll give you the fact that it was dark out lol...My sig pic is outdated so just ignore it.

I just joined CJMF membership about a month ago so I'm pretty new to the club...I didn't know too many people at Fudds, so I was kinda waiting for people to come up to me. A few did (after I shot a few revvs to show one of my buddies how my exhaust sounded, a few people came over to say whats up), but some just stayed in their little "groups". I'll be at the next one....Hopefully we can meet lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
NJStang86 said:
Hey Manda...That would be my car, except it's Dark Shadow Gray lol....Don't worry though, I'll give you the fact that it was dark out lol...My sig pic is outdated so just ignore it.

I just joined CJMF membership about a month ago so I'm pretty new to the club...I didn't know too many people at Fudds, so I was kinda waiting for people to come up to me. A few did (after I shot a few revvs to show one of my buddies how my exhaust sounded, a few people came over to say whats up), but some just stayed in their little "groups". I'll be at the next one....Hopefully we can meet lol
Ahhh sorry!!! CJMF is awesome, very cool people. Don't be intimidated if we seem to clump together, we like when new people come jump into conversation--if you watch closely, many of us bounce around group to group as discussion changes! I was (obviously) one of the few females there---I made the "famous" cupcake, not sure if you saw that. There were actually a LOT of new people at the meet, and I noticed a lot of them grouped together too, so maybe they account for some of the groups you saw, also. We're not very stand-offish, we just clump together because its easier to make fun of eachother...er....talk to eachother that way :) we're actually really nice and fun, so like I said, don't hesitate to come over and introduce yourself!

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Yea I got to meet a few of them as the night went on....And yes I did see that beautiful work of art (or humor) that you call a cupcake lol...Did he save it or eat it lol? I didn't stick around inside long enough to see....All the action was going on outside.

I'll mostlikely be at the next one....Hopefully we can meet "in person" there...Nice talkin to you on aim tonite....later

·
Registered
550 Posts
hey manda, glad to see another e-green v6 around here :cool:

one day we will have our group photo..one day

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
MonteCitan said:
how late do you guys hang out on tuesdays?

last time i left around 10ish

and i get out of class around 8:45...so i'm coming right from there

·
Registered
14 Posts
meteorachick said:
last time i left around 10ish

and i get out of class around 8:45...so i'm coming right from there
Awesome, I don't think i got to meet ya last time!
I usually get out at 8:50, so I'm always late as well...
We usually hang out until we get bored...We were there once until 3 AM. Yes. 3 AM. Occasionally afterwards we'll head to Dunkin Donuts or something, but there's normally a good size group at Fudds itself until at least 11.

·
Premium Member
2,162 Posts
mandakat said:
Awesome, I don't think i got to meet ya last time!
I usually get out at 8:50, so I'm always late as well...
We usually hang out until we get bored...We were there once until 3 AM. Yes. 3 AM. Occasionally afterwards we'll head to Dunkin Donuts or something, but there's normally a good size group at Fudds itself until at least 11.

awesome...i plan on joining cjmf this week too...so i can't wait until tuesday :D

the pic in my sig is from the last meet there...i'm the orange mustang on the right

21 - 38 of 38 Posts