Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took it to the dealer and they said it was just settling in noises, does anyone else hear a clanking or thumping ( how ever you want to say it) when shifting through 1st through 3rd or when in the middle of a gear and having to engage the clutch. I just don't believe the dealer saying its settling in noises

·
Registered
142 Posts
Dump it at 5k rpms and see if it goes away. Just kidding dont do this. My 2013 does the same thing during low rpm shifts. My particular sound doesnt seem to be anything unusual. I work at a shop so I've test driven a lot of different vehicles and i have heard some others do the same thing. I suggest taking it to a different reputable shop and have them listen to it.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Mine does it all the time. Gets worse with solid suspension pieces. It's probably just the two piece drive shaft...

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
Jrsgrabber50 said:
So an AM aluminum1 piece driveshaft would solve this issue?
Maybe, I haven't heard of anyone using it so I can't comment intelligently. I know there were some people using dss and shaftmasters, searches should turn up some info.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Took mine to the dealer for this exact noise. They kept it for their day as their " Ford certified trans mechanic" checked it out. Next day they told me they didn't do anything to the car and had just spoken to Ford hotline and they said it's normal.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Mine does it all the time. Gets worse with solid suspension pieces. It's probably just the two piece drive shaft...
+1^

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine does it as well (not so much a clankin but you can hear moving parts). Especially when its cold. No problems though. I would expect to hear something after all the clutch is physically moving in and out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts