Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of a site or catalog where someone can order pre-painted body parts. Before you say that's stupid, all I'm looking for is a price on a pre-painted 1966 GT rear valance. If such an item exists, I'd like to compare that price vs. local paint shop which I'm pretty sure will be steep.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Most Mustang parts places do not have prepainted panels (that's a lot of P's). Almost no one wants their replacement steel painted in anything other than primer.

The big problem is panel fit. A lot of times the replacement panel needs some work in order to fit properly. So any painted panel will only be damaged during the installation.

Painting a valance should cost very little, maybe $100 unless its in some funky color. Why not install it, primer it for now, then have it painted later when you have some cash?

·
Registered
26 Posts
ha i saw this question on allfordmustangs.com

as for your question, i havent heard of a place that sells them pre-painted. but that doesn't mean they aren't out there. and if you can't find one, do the prep work on the valence yourself, so all they have to do is paint it. it'll save you some money.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts