Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like the intake manifold. Never seen it done like that before.

Stupid question, how much of that wire look did it take to cover you plug wires?

Did the strut bar come factory on your car? Or did you add it? If so, where did you mount the bar to the firewall at?

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
The upper is a Polished RGR Stage 3 Intake. The wires are Red MSD 8.5 with Red plastic covers to prevent arching. The Strut Tower Brace is a Steeda that has been powdercoated with the valve covers to match my car. No V6 comes from the factory with a STB!!!!

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Nice engine compartments guys! On strut tower braces at firewall, drill holes in fire wall, use self treading bolts, like giant sheet metal screws, that is what I did on my GT anyhow. On the 94-96 or maybe even 97 V6s, they were already drilled and tapped for the strut tower braces, which made the install really easy.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
here is a shot be4 I really cleaned it up, (it got to dark after) and yeah I know its all bone stock, no cool covers or STB :oops: :oops:

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Erick, what type of paint did you use on your upper intake lettering?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
It has to be some kind of special engine or other high temp paint or it won't last long. Ordinary paint won't hold up to high temps on an engine.
Yes, I know, it could be a lot cleaner, but it looks sort of impressive, right, lol.

·
Registered
678 Posts
silicone hoses, yes

www.hosetechniques.com (sponsor) check under applications for pics and pricing for the set for your stangs

paint was from a hobby shack. The upper doesn't really get as hot as people think, been perfect for a while now

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
So what sort of cleaners do you use under there Erick? That thing really does look clean enough to eat off of man! Not that mine is that dirty, but could be a lot better.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Hmm lets see, i got it steam cleaned a while back, that took care of a lot of crap that was there.

mothers is a really good product and meguirs as well. Gotta just get in the crappy spots as well, cleaning up the hosing really helps

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
you use mothers and meguires wax under your hood? :oops:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Yeah, I guess so, I use meguires detailer like everyday, so I know that they do, so what products are you refering to man?

·
Registered
678 Posts
I like to use the rubber protectants under the hood, and of course chrome polish for certain pieces. Putting the rubber protectant on the radiator shroud really makes it stand out, you should try it Rick

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Erick, or anyone else, you ever seen Bullitt valve covers, do they look good, will they fit my engine, and where can I get a set without spending a fortune if so...?

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hey cool, I have some of the meguires rubber protectorant, need to get some more, have almost used it all on my Kuhmos... Good idea man, never thought of using it under the hood ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts