·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering what you guys use to keep clean under the hood

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Prolly not safe. I've done it once but mean green sprayed on set for a minute and hosed it down. I'd wait for someone to chime in cuz someone had problems after washing his

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Another is just towels and wipe her down

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prolly not safe. I've done it once but mean green sprayed on set for a minute and hosed it down. I'd wait for someone to chime in cuz someone had problems after washing his

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

Another is just towels and wipe her down
yea i definitely wanna stay away from hosing it down i was just wondering if there was some spray i could use then wipe with towel like you said

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have done mine. Take plastic bags an cover all of the electrical components an belts. Spay it with mean green, put the water hose on mist an go over it. Then I take a plastic cleaner an wipe down all hard plastic parts an use spray detailer on the metal. I then start the engine to help it dry.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Engine degreaser. You can pick up a can for about $3 at an autoparts store.
cool thanks..after spraying it just wipe it down with a towel?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 PM ----------

I have done mine. Take plastic bags an cover all of the electrical components an belts. Spay it with mean green, put the water hose on mist an go over it. Then I take a plastic cleaner an wipe down all hard plastic parts an use spray detailer on the metal. I then start the engine to help it dry.
ok thanks man

·
Registered
629 Posts
You can... but i just use a hose! Block your filter if you have an open cai... i have done it to over ten vehicle inluding 5 of mine and ive never had a problem

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You can... but i just use a hose! Block your filter if you have an open cai... i have done it to over ten vehicle inluding 5 of mine and ive never had a problem
ok thanks!

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
Best method here....i use f21 by turtle wax to clean all hoses

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Black magic works good on hoses and other stuff under hood. If its not real greasy just use water + soap. Mine gets more dusty so I just wipe down once a week.

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
that's why i like the f21...keeps the dust away longer

this is how my engine bay looked the other day after 2 weeks of daily driving after i wiped everything down by hand with f21 and a microfiber

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
that's why i like the f21...keeps the dust away longer

this is how my engine bay looked the other day after 2 weeks of daily driving after i wiped everything down by hand with f21 and a microfiber
wow looks good im gonna pick it up tomorrow

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
theres a couple different f21's im guessing you use the super protectant?

·
Registered
991 Posts
I just used some F21 as a quick fix before I head to a HUGE car show tomorrow. We'll see how it looks in the sun with other Mustang around lol.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just used some F21 as a quick fix before I head to a HUGE car show tomorrow. We'll see how it looks in the sun with other Mustang around lol.
which f21? the super protectant?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you should have..hopefully it catches some eyes tomorrow

·
Registered
991 Posts
you should have..hopefully it catches some eyes tomorrow
Sadly it won't. The show is huge and it attracts some serious cars. I entered because I'll already be there working for the sponsoring company, the entry is free, and I'll be parked with friends who will guard my car.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts