Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off work a while ago and when i tried to turn on the heat nothing happened. i tried to cycle through all of the selections of heat/cooling, fan speed, and the position and nothing is working. is there anything i can do or check?

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
fuses.

I'm not sure if those would be under the drivers side or in the engine bay.

Look in your owners manual at the fuse diagram. Pull any of the ones that have anything to do with heat, etc. I'm betting they're under the dash on the drivers side.

Just lay down in the drivers floorboard and look up.

Let us know how it goes.

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ya, it could be a fuse. Does it blow anything at all?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no, nothing in the climate controls works or the radiator/engine fan doesnt work. i heard from somewhere the two are prolly connected so if the fan doesnt work then the climate controls wont work. the fuse im trying to get to is in the engine bay and its a Maxi size (the big one) except i cant pull it out. the fuse remover doesnt fit around it. should i try and replace the fuse (i got another one) or just take it somewhere to get it fixed.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
if you feel comfortable doing it... a shop will just yank it out with out care probably.... try to find a tool that will fit it....

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah i removed the fuse and tried replacing it except the radiator fan and climate controls still dont work so its prolly something wrong with the wiring or whatever. im taking it down to the garage tomorrow to see whats wrong with it. thank you warranty lol

·
Premium Member
1,461 Posts
Ya, warrenties are the best, except when they nit-pick them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i read somewhere it might have something to do with the thermastat. i found that if i flushed the cooling system, it may get it to work. i know how to flush the system (thanks to the manual) but how do you drain the radiator and the coolant tank.

·
Registered
251 Posts
you can just take the bottom hose off to drain the radiator and the overflow bottle comes off with 2 bolts. I would try unhooking the battery and leaving it unplugged for like 5 mins then hook it back up. i had the fan problem with my car because i needed to reset one of the sensors and that fixed it. easy to try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts