Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey does anyone have experience with the "cobra clunk" i.just bought an 01 last night.and.when u shift the rear end sounds loud and clunks. should i be worried? i dont truust dealers to.tell.me.the real.problem.cause they will sell me more than i.need! thabks

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Sent from a android phone obviously lol...

Does it do it on accel and decel as well, when not shifting? Could be a u-joint causing slop in the shaft. First priority is to see where the clunking is coming from.

·
Registered
280 Posts
hey does anyone have experience with the "cobra clunk" i.just bought an 01 last night.and.when u shift the rear end sounds loud and clunks. should i be worried? i dont truust dealers to.tell.me.the real.problem.cause they will sell me more than i.need! thabks
My 99 Cobra does it too I thought they fixed it on later models.... I think there is bolt that can be replaced to fix it, someone else will chime in shortly.

Sent from an Android phone with no problems... lol... It's all in the settings and which keyboard you use.

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Have tht problem and I order rear diff bushings because that's were the clunking is coming from when shifting. Gonna put em on hopefully this week when they come in

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok let me know if that fixes it please. and yes it does it when i accelerate. or if in low rpms in a high gear and try to speed up quick. its pretty loud. i heard u joint or bushings but just want to.kno if anyone on here actually fixed it and what it was

1 - 9 of 9 Posts