Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is making a rattling or clunking noise when I hit a large bump in the road! I believe it's coming from the rear of my car. I think it may be the mufflers rattling around. Anyone else notice this?

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Yea I'd look at it, you don't need the brace though I cut a split in mine. There is half an x brace that just is basically there, but the right side will hit it but it probably isn't the suspension. Just look on the bottom of the exhaust where it goes over the axle and see if it's scuffed and if it is that's it

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took it to the dealer and they found a bad bushing in the rear sway bar. They had it fixed in an hour and they have seen a lot of the same problem with other Stangs!

·
Registered
333 Posts
I thought I might have heard a noise a time or two as well, but I'm not sure. I may have to listen closely, doesn't sound like something I want to keep occurring.

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
could be exhaust as you said, look for shinny wear marks or places its rubbing to see if its the exhaust or pipe

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I looked all over the exhaust and I didn't see anything rubbing that's why I took it in. I've had a lot if small issues with this car but I still love it!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts