Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 GT with a vortech blower and 3.73 gears. I will be using a Maximum Motorsports quadrant and a firewall adjuster (so cable doesn't have to be adjustable). I want ones that you all have tried and that don't stretch like some crappy aftermarket cables do

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I have been running the ATP cable from Advance Auto Parts ($69) for nearly 2 years, with a RAM HDX clutch (rated for 450 lb-ft)--with no problems of any sort.

My OE cable was damaged by a sharp edge on an aftermarket quadrant (read more about that here). Needing a replacement NOW and fully prepared to order a Ford cable down the road (no pun intended), I bought the ATP cable--however I found it to be just as good as the OEM unit, well made from good materials, and never ordered the Ford cable--that was 45k miles ago...

·
Lorraine's driver
7,801 Posts
Oem or equivalent
stick with the OEM cable, I believe maximum motorsports modifies stock cables but not sure
Tried and true. OEM has a long history of being better than the rest. I'm switching out my FRPP adjustable cable later this spring/summer, even though it's got ~3,000 miles on it.

Maximum Motorsports Quadrant, cable, and firewall adjuster have been ordered! Next paycheck will be clutch and flywheel!
Good choice! I'm pretty sure the Maximum Motorsports kit uses an OEM cable.

Clutch Cable, Quadrant, and Firewall Adjuster Package

Info on the MM cable

1 - 9 of 9 Posts