Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
image-1315004696.jpg

So today me and a friend of mine are starting to tackle the job of the clutch install. Took off the pypes, disconnected the starter and batt, took the shaft out, got the black bar out from under the tranny, bolts off the tranny, shifter is out, and got the flywheel and clutch out. Super easy job, took me and my friend hour and 30min yes no joke lol. Just need some extensions but basic hand tools and a impact. I ordered the clutch on fri morning so hopefully it's here by thurs. tomorw I will be getting the flywheel resurfaced

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Idk maybe if its easy to put back on. It was actually easy to take off because the top bolt wasn't screwed all the way in

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ya I changed my clutch about 2 months ago and my car has been running fine on the 2 bolts I don't see a problem with leaving it out

·
Registered
155 Posts
Just one from autozone. Just a quick grab and one to play with the other clutch was still good but the pilot and throw out bearings were shot

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
3rd boltless ,:headbang:
Still looks like a good clutch to me, I would've left it ja,,,,, jk

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive done this before. Was also replacing my tob once and noticed a crack in the spline ring haha. I had 3 diff clutches in my old sixxer. Prolly shoulda bought somethin that wasnt oem or something haha
Haha dang 3 clutches

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Haha well this one will be a track car also so hopefully I don't kill it fast

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
image-2768864301.jpg

So we put the new excedy clutch in and so far so good just puttin the tranny on and getting it aligned is a pain in the ass.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
So we put the new excedy clutch in and so far so good just puttin the tranny on and getting it aligned is a pain in the ass.
Are you having issues getting the input shaft lined up?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts